Viper Qusetion

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is a 2003 SRT/10 with 600 miles worth 46,000 dollars?Ive had my eyes on this car for a while. They want 50K but there's no way on that one.Got them down to 46K.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends on many things - condition, etc. PM me, and I'll tell you how mucn I paid for my 2003 with 24,000 miles last April. My issues with an 8 year old car that's pretty much just sat is - gaskets, seals, etc. They must be dried out, etc. I don't think it's a good idea for cars to sit. I would go over that car VERY carefully. Remember, you're going to have to drop close to $2K right away for new PS2s to replace those old run-flats, so factor that in your cost. I had to do that with mine.

I think that price is a little high, but in the ballpark.

Last edited:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is a 2003 SRT/10 with 600 miles worth 46,000 dollars?Ive had my eyes on this car for a while. They want 50K but there's no way on that one.Got them down to 46K.

Take that money and buy a real nice gen 2 Viper and I think you will like it alot more...My 2 cents....:headbang: :rolleyes: :eater:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on the last two posts.

and whats the point in paying a premium for a 600mile car if your planning on driving it? I think you'd be better off getting a car with decent mileage that has been maintained so that you know it runs good, for a better deal. Then you have some change left over for tires, mods, ect...

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would always look for low mileage car and finding one with 600 is a score in my opinion.

Gaskets and seals are not made from the same materials they were many years ago and I am sure they are of a quality high enough to hold up, even if just sitting.

Tires....different story. Replace.

Anytime you are buying an exotic you have to consider why somebody bought it in the first place. Very few bought it to baby it and most used ones, even if well taken care of, will have been used, and played with, hard.

Dont expect somebody to marry a supermodel and not take advantage of what they have.....

When you can find a low mileage car, and can verify that it hasnt been in an accident, I think you are doing great since you are essentially buying a new car for a whole lot less than when somebody bought it from a dealer. Its yours to use as you want to and you dont have to worry about the history.

Matt

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, check to see if the early 03 recalls were done. A dealer can run the VIN to check.

Also, for 50K, you're getting into Gen IV territory.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the low-mileage version and for me it was the rigt decision. I bought a 2003 with 2,076 miles in July 2010 for 46.5 (sticker 83K). I had it serviced in Dec. and the Viper Tech (Tomball Dodge) was impressed with just how pristene the car was, absolutely new.

When he drop the under pan, it looked like we could've wiped our sandwhich on it before lunch. I dreamt about having a hot rod like this for a long time before fnding one. I have no plans of selling it (ever), and wanted to be the person adding "history" :drive: Currently 5,600 miles, and digg'in it :2tu:

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always go looking for a low mile car. You take a chance on any car you buy so I prefer to take it on a low mile car.

People are always saying how you can find these cars for a lower price but I have never found one. When I buy a car I want it spotless and like new. The lower the miles the better chance it will be in that condition.

I bought a 2003 last September. One owner, around 2400 miles, Corsa exhaust and Forgeline wheels which he paid over $5000. It was spotless and like new. Paid $43,000. I would likely pay $46,000 for a 600 mile car if it was a color I would like.

This is the car I bought:

http://www.thetoccicollection.com/files/2003_Dodge_Viper_Layout_1.pdf

Last edited:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would always look for low mileage car and finding one with 600 is a score in my opinion.

Gaskets and seals are not made from the same materials they were many years ago and I am sure they are of a quality high enough to hold up, even if just sitting.

Tires....different story. Replace.

Matt
X2

Last June I bought my '05 CTS-V with only 1,380 miles on it. Now it's got 7,200 and counting. There's no problems with gaskets or leaks of any kind.

Except for being out of factory warranty, it is like a new car. Though I did purchase an extended warranty, and I got a good price on that as the miles on the car were so low.:2tu:

In my case, even the stock RunFlat tires were in good shape, but I replaced them anyway being as I hate them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewViperz