Viper Returns to Rolex Series

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious. Its been done so many times before, why do they think they will have any more success (weight penalties, restrictor plates, etc) than previous teams? Is Grand-Am going to allow Dodge to win? I doubt it.

OP
OP
N

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it would appear that they are already messing with the engine which makes me wonder if that merely means restrictor plates.

I have been hoping that with all of the press out there regarding a new Ford GT, a new Frerrari and of course the new Dodge Viper GEN V that there would be a renewed rivalry that produced some great competition.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A am most excited for a "factory announcement" from SRT Marketing included in that release ! Its shows Viper is 'involved' in 2012.

I recall fondly when ORECA took the overall win at Rolex-24, not just the class trophy! Those were the days of Viper Racing, and Viper Owner Pride as a result of RACING was never so high as 97-2000 in FIA and Rolex and then ALMS thru 2001/2. And the throttle-restrictors and "Rewards Weight" and sanctioning-body politics that Viper teams had to slog around as a result of V-10 Torque, {and apparent bias toward other Marques....}

The closest we have felt recently was the triumphant return of SRT to the N'Ring Sept '11, when Porsche, Vette, and LExus fell to the ACR. Yahoo.

Dodge Viper Cup is VERY exciting racing, and I VIPER Always Wins....but I enjoy seeing Porsches, Vettes, and SOBs (Some Other Brands) fall to our Snakes. So THANKS DODGE for again supporting a team in Rolex....coincidently on the same day that Newman-HAAS retires from Indy.....

JonB ~~~~~:<~

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'll never let it run up to its real potential, so what's the point?
Don't get me wrong, I want to see it in a big series like Grand Am or ALMS, but neither sanctioning body will let it win a chamionship over Posche, Ferrari, or Crovette.
Now, just through in a totally spec ACR-x and you have my attention!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge Viper Cup is VERY exciting racing,

I'll second that and just think if the entry list could double or triple!

To me, the downside to the multi-marque races is the politics behind it. I enjoy watching mulitple makes race at once mostly because I like sports cars. But knowing that one particular manufacturer or another is the flavor of the year because of the $$ behind the scenes makes bragging rights kinda worthless IMO. I'll stick with Vipers vs. Vipers and if someday there are Ferrari vs. Ferrari and Porsche vs. Porsche races going on at the same track at the same exact time, that will be lotsa fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4