Viper Saved....Some Add'l Facts...

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Viper Nation,
Just a brief note from an observer who has been honored to have had a front row seat to the effort to preserve the Viper. As most know your National President Chris Marshall and I were detailed by the VCA to provide any and all help in assuring the preservation of the Viper platform. To participate in this effort we were necessarily constrained by very restrictive Non Disclosure Agreements. This factor was the reason that the evolution of the preservation efforts could not be chronicled on our web site or other communications. Likewise, your current National Officer Corps, Marv,Bobby and Lee played a key and steady role in evaluating and providing advice concerning the constantly changing scenarios that were dealt out since last August 2008. All told it was one helluva ride!

I would like to just clarify a couple of things publicly. First, there were in fact some very very solid inquiries and offers to acquire Viper and putting aside legal and myriad business and negotiating issues, some highly respected "car guys/entities" were very serious about our icon. On behalf of the VCA we do thank all of those interested parties for their interest and candor with the VCA. I am not hesitant to say any one of several parties would have made excellent VCA partners if things had gone differently.

It suffices to say that the VCA worked very hard to help Chrylsler/Cerberus/various consulting firms/and indeed the new ownership, in hearing our simple message....."WE, YOUR BUYERS, SINCERELY WANT THE VIPER TO CONTINUE AND BTW, WE ALSO BUY MANY MANY OTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCTS.
We thank Chrysler/Fiat for making the monumental decision to recommit to Viper production and evolution and look forward to working with Dodge CEO Mike Accavitti and his team to ensure the continued success of Chrysler, the Viper and the VCA in all future endeavors.

Finally, I wish to specially commend my comrade in arms, VCA President Chris Marshall for his tireless efforts and personal sacrifices during this adventure. As the months go by, I am confident that his dedication to all things VCA will become even more well known, and I will simply state that he has been an OUTSTANDING leader and spokesman at a most critical time in Viper history. My humble opinion is we are very fortunate to have such a person leading our club.

Thanks also to all the members who worked on VCA petitions and who provided consistent encouragement, especially in several very challenging periods. The VCA shows its collective strength when needed and be assured it DOES make a difference! Lets hope our voices about our dealerships and especially Chuck, will also make a difference!

Chris,Marv,Lee and Bobby, can I PLEASE go back to work at my Firm now????

Love all you VCA guys and gals............

Bob Carroll
Finally Former National Officer
:usa:

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you to the whole team for your tireless support for Viper. It sounds like the brand was going to be in good hands under several senerios, that in itself is a tribute to you guys. :2tu:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to you, Chris, and the rest of the VCA officers for their effort. The results could not have been better.

Took the words right out of my mouth! Very curious to read about the exact reasoning why they did decide to keep Viper within the company, a couple of sound motivations must have been of influence :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte