Viper Serial Numbers

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Viper Serial Numbers are one after the other. Reason being my car is in D Status (no build date as of yet) and I seen on Ebay a Coupe with a serial # 60 digits higher than my serial #. If they are one after the other which I would think they are, Then mine should be built and I am getting excited.:drive::):D

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what options does yours have? that apparently makes a difference.....im going to start a post called "excited viper owners who are in D status", kind of a support group for all the anxiety. a place that we can all vent our excitedness and frustrations.......:)

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe in the past the unit # of the vin means very little for a Viper.My car is 7084 and it could have been built before a car with the unit# of 6824 do not quote me and it could be totally changed for the GENIII + but if memory is right that is how it is for GENI&II

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The answer to your question , which is commonly asked, is no the numbers do not designate the order build of the cars. I delivered a car the other day with a 600 number for the last three numerals , and I still have a vehicle with a number under 200 that has not arrived here yet .

Hope this is helpful?

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Musicncars....not only start a thread for (future)owners in "D" status but also in the more notorious "I" status. I ordered my 08 (in VR) the end of May 07. Lucky me in that I ordered a coupe, two tone interior, and the Arc Light bezel. Each of these three choices caused a delay due to vendor issues/supply problems. My 08 went to "I" status the first week of FEB. Its still there. It has a VIN# number with the last digits in the low 500's.

Last edited:

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Musicncars....not only start a thread for (future)owners in "D" status but also in the more notorious "I" status. I ordered my 08 (in VR) the end of May 07. Lucky me in that I ordered a coupe, two tone interior, and the Arc Light bezel. Each of these three choices caused a delay due to vendor issues/supply problems. My 08 went to "I" status the first week of FEB. Its still there. It has a VIN# number with the last digits in the low 500's.

i have started a thread for d status and beyond, which includes your i status.....please check it out and respond there, if we keep a centrally located thread for these cars, it will give us a place to discuss and vent on these issues. cheers, sorry, not trying to hijack your thread.....all apologies.:hail:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I status for seven weeks and counting is hard to handle

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer to your question , which is commonly asked, is no the numbers do not designate the order build of the cars. I delivered a car the other day with a 600 number for the last three numerals , and I still have a vehicle with a number under 200 that has not arrived here yet .

Hope this is helpful?

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

Good answer Bill. I am so tired of seeing this same question, why don't people read or search
pryor post on this. How many times must someone answer this. PEOPLE, the vin's are not
in order, period. Please do some research on this before asking the same question that
has been asked so many times.