Viper sighting. Anyone fom here? (Westmilford, NJ)

Reaction score
I was on my way to work today and saw a Gen III on the road for the first time.(I've seen three in person, but all in showrooms.)

It was in the Westmilford area near the A&P. I saw a Copper convert.

Anyone here in that area today?

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was me. Finally a nice day, so I took her for a spin.

Plum, was that you I ran into a few weeks ago at Sears (I had my Viper jacket on)? That's 4 Vipers in town that I know of:

2005 SRT-10 Copperhead (mine)
2004 SRT-10 Black Mamba
2003 SRT-10 Black
1998 GTS (Plumcrazy's)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, mines been away.

there is also a white/blue in town that i know of. and pedro is up in greenwood lake

one day we gotta meet up.

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a silver mamba and a viper race yellow. I am usually on ringwood ave atleast once a week. We should all do a run one day.
:)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have seen ya before in the yellow car.

im hoping to get my car back this week from the body shop (fascia painted) once i do, we should one day

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have seen ya before in the yellow car.

im hoping to get my car back this week from the body shop (fascia painted) once i do, we should one day
I take it you dont have a clear bra, how often do you have your fascia painted. Just curious as to I have an 06 coupe and dont know if I want to clear bra or just paint the fascia every so often.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like an idiot, i didnt put a clear bra on when i bought the car. i put on 35K miles and now i wanna freshen up the fascia. the hood is good but i hate all the little spots in the clear coat on the fascia. i see them everytime i wash it.

im going to install some kind of clear protective bra when the paint is all cured.

do it asap, learn from my stupidity

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plumcrazy - yea, I thought the guy I ran into a few weeks ago had a 2000 GTS not a ‘98 (he said he checks out this site – maybe he’ll chime in).

Mamba55 – are you in West Milford or Ringwood?

So, we’ve got:

2005 SRT-10 Copperhead (mine)
2005 SRT-10 Silver Mamba (Mamba55’s)
2005 SRT-10 Race Yellow (Mamba55’s)
2004 SRT-10 Black Mamba (Pete’s)
2003 SRT-10 Black (Rob’s)
1998 GTS Silver (Plumcrazy's – not sure what the factory calls your color)
2000 GTS Steel Gray (???)
???? White/Blue (???)

Anyone know anyone else? Not too shabby for a town that is 80 square miles with only about 26,000 people. :2tu:

We should at least try to get together, maybe meet at ShopRite (where the ricers hang out :bonker: ) and take a run around Greenwood Lake. There’s about a four-mile stretch near me with nothing but state forest on both sides – a great spot to use the G-Tech.

The weekend doesn’t look so good weather wise, but we should definitely do it when “One Day” (aka Mike) can make it…

Ron

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im always up for it.

i should be getting my car back next monday or tuesday so any day after THAT is good.

there is a great bar/restaurant on the opposite side of greenwood lake i go to once in a while if ya wanna cruise over there. its a nice ride with a handfull of nice cars and bikes there on a good day

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
"One Day" (aka Mike) you mean me??? I'd love to talk to you guys, actual OWNERS and not just salesman, but I'm just an avid fan who dreams of ownership of Dodge's supersnake. What could I add to your outting other than a 2005 V6 Mustang and me getting in the way asking to sit in your cars? :laugh: :p

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike, you don’t have to add anything to an outing. I’d much rather be talking with an “avid fan” then to someone who can’t tell the difference between a snake and a ‘vette. Who knows, maybe one of us will let you sit in the driver’s seat!

Plumcrazy, are you talking about the Sterling?

Depending on the weather, anyone up for Saturday March 25th?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the life of me i cant remember the name but its NOT the sterling im pretty sure.

its a white bldg that sits directly opposite the lake and its got a cabana bar in front and a couple of volleyball nets on the side. good parking too.

the 25th is that bugatti run that keith is putting together to go to CT to check one out.

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks Copperhead. :cool: When you guys pick a date I'll let you know if I can make it. However I work saturdays usually until 5. I can probably ask to change to the hours if given early notice. Sundays are up in the air. :p

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the place i was talking about is the Emerald Point marina and restaurant. its really a nice bar and restaurant more than a marina. but it is opposite one...lol