Viper Still the People's Choice...Best in Show

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted to share with the VCA community that most people are still impresed with and prefer the style, beauty and power of YOUR Viper.

My buddy talked me into entering my Viper in one of the local car show's (Commando Cruise-in at Hurlburt Field) in the Northwest FL area last year. I'm not really into these shows because you have to hang around for most of the day and the fact my FL Gators were playing football on TV. I reluctantly entered and spent the day talking to people and listening to my Gators on the radio. This annual show usually host over 250 entrants covering most auto types and mods you can think of. There were some beautiful, expensive, and heavily pampered cars at this show. You can Google the show and see pics of the rides to get an idea of the vast variety of cars entered.

At the end of the show and after all the "category" trophies were handed out, all those who entered their car could vote on a the car they thought was "Best in Show" which would receive the biggest trophy and the winner would also receive $150 cash.

Well, once the category winners were announced (I also won my category-MOPAR), I told my buddy I needed to take off and did.
Within 3 min. he calls me on my cell phone and says, "Guess who won "Best in Show"?" I then thought he'd won so I started congratulating him. But he replied, "No @#$@%, you won! Get your @$$ back here!"

Anyway, I was completely surprised the majority of the entrants owner's chose the Viper over all those other gorgeous cars. People, there were some impressive cars there-go online and check it out! So folks it goes to show you that even with a a huge collection of the most beautiful cars in the area, people still like the looks and power of your Viper. Here are a few pics taken by the show's photographer in which he later sent me the copies.
You must be registered for see images attach

Me with Best in Show Trophy

Pictue of the Major Trophies

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you do anything to the car or did you win a car show with a new, stock car? What were you up against?

OP
OP

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you do anything to the car or did you win a car show with a new, stock car? What were you up against?

The car has numerous mods/upgrades which probably played a small role in the award. List includes 3:55 gears, Corsa Exhaust, aluminum flywheel, polished Paxton SC, chromed short shifter, RaceLogic Traction Control, RB-1 Navigation Unit w/ IPOD Adapter, KW Suspension lowering kit, tinted headlight guards, Polk door speakers, painted dash copperhead orange, and installed/hardwired a Valentine 1 radar detector. Chromed: side and rear emblems, rear diffusers, side vents, sport rollbars, door speaker surrounds, head rest, gas cap, and added the MWG chrome dash kit. SCT Dyno tuned to 688 rwhp/621 tq. Viper was up against every other car/truck/bike that entered the show--over 250 entrants I was told.

Other pics of mods:
You must be registered for see images

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! LOVING that car and your mods...great job! You deserve the trophy (and yeah, it's a NICE one~! ;) ). Maybe you could put that article/pictures in domesticdriver.com or the Viper Magazine! It's certainly worthy! ~juli

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted to share with the VCA community that most people are still impresed with and prefer the style, beauty and power of YOUR Viper.

My buddy talked me into entering my Viper in one of the local car show's (Commando Cruise-in at Hurlburt Field) in the Northwest FL area last year. I'm not really into these shows because you have to hang around for most of the day and the fact my FL Gators were playing football on TV. I reluctantly entered and spent the day talking to people and listening to my Gators on the radio. This annual show usually host over 250 entrants covering most auto types and mods you can think of. There were some beautiful, expensive, and heavily pampered cars at this show. You can Google the show and see pics of the rides to get an idea of the vast variety of cars entered.

At the end of the show and after all the "category" trophies were handed out, all those who entered their car could vote on a the car they thought was "Best in Show" which would receive the biggest trophy and the winner would also receive $150 cash.

Well, once the category winners were announced (I also won my category-MOPAR), I told my buddy I needed to take off and did.
Within 3 min. he calls me on my cell phone and says, "Guess who won "Best in Show"?" I then thought he'd won so I started congratulating him. But he replied, "No @#$@%, you won! Get your @$$ back here!"

Anyway, I was completely surprised the majority of the entrants owner's chose the Viper over all those other gorgeous cars. People, there were some impressive cars there-go online and check it out! So folks it goes to show you that even with a a huge collection of the most beautiful cars in the area, people still like the looks and power of your Viper. Here are a few pics taken by the show's photographer in which he later sent me the copies.

Me with Best in Show Trophy

Pictue of the Major Trophies

That thing looks like it uses 25 D batteries.:omg:

Black Mamba 149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the armory and plane museum, been there quite a few times. Good looking car and congratulations. BTW thanks you for making my Sooners the worst BCS bowl team. Good win on both fronts.

OP
OP

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the trophy probably needs some explanation. The show was sponsored by Hurlburt Field (Air Force Base) where the trophies were made from those huge howitzer casings.

But for some reason the wife likes this trophy better than the others.:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte