Viper Stories...Another day in the car

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any good stories about people gushing over their Viper?
I stopped to get gas today and a guy approached with both hands on his cheeks and just saying "Dude" over and over again. He went on to tell me how the Viper is now and always has been his dream car. He asked a lot of questions and called his girlfriend to take pictures of the car, then of him next to the car, then him in the car and then his girlfriend in the car. Of course he wanted to know if it had the Viper V-8 or the Viper V-10 so I opened up the hood and we did the pictures all over again. I patiently explained that the Viper only comes with a V-10 (I have eleven year old boy-girl twins and I've often had people ask if they are identical - ?). I spent more time filling up the car than I had planned but it was a lot of fun.:headbang:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just last night while unloading #34 from a day at the track, a father walked by with two pre-school kids still wearing their Halloween costumes. The little girl said "We really like your car." I thanked her and then the younger boy said "I wish we had a car like that." Amazing that a car makes such an impression on someone so young.

I'm sure I've forgotten more Viper stories than I can remember.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week while driving home from work I was on the 3 lane highway in the middle lane. A Crossfire came up on my left and was waving at me and giving the thumbs up. I smiled and waved back. Then they downshifted and pulled away. I got closer to them again down the road and revved the Viper for them. They again sped away. I catch up with them in another few miles and they have a camera out the window taking video asking me to rev the engine again. So I revved it, then dropped it to 4th and sped up past them. It was fun. I've never been video taped before driving a car but I suppose the Viper will bring that out of people.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our best story is an old pickup truck pulled alongside of us, the fella indicated to me to roll down my window, which I did, and he pointed to his passenger, his probably-80-year-old mother... and said "My MOM LOVES your car"...the lady was BEAMING and giving us the 'thumbs-up' over and over again! THAT was humbling! As Chuck98 said too, we get TONS of LITTLE kids who gush over the car as well. Yes, it gets more 'whiplash' looks than any other car we've ever had. GREAT stories as well from the others! ~juli

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just last night while unloading #34 from a day at the track, a father walked by with two pre-school kids still wearing their Halloween costumes. The little girl said "We really like your car." I thanked her and then the younger boy said "I wish we had a car like that." Amazing that a car makes such an impression on someone so young.....

This scene has repeated itself for me 1000 times since 1993.
The "VIPER MAGIC" does NOT wear off!

This is ALSO WHY we carry an abundance of 1/36 scale VIPER MINI-DIECASTS with us wherever we go. When a polite or enthusistic kid says something like "I wish I had a car like that"........we HAND him one ! How else can you create a long-term memory for ~ $3.00 ?

Last edited:

etecnifibre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped to get gas today and a guy approached with both hands on his cheeks and just saying "Dude" over and over again. He went on to tell me how the Viper is now and always has been his dream car. He asked a lot of questions and called his girlfriend to take pictures of the car, then of him next to the car, then him in the car and then his girlfriend in the car. Of course he wanted to know if it had the Viper V-8 or the Viper V-10 so I opened up the hood and we did the pictures all over again. I patiently explained that the Viper only comes with a V-10 (I have eleven year old boy-girl twins and I've often had people ask if they are identical - ?). I spent more time filling up the car than I had planned but it was a lot of fun.:headbang:

Did you give him your info? I'd love to see those pics!

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Viper was his favorite car and he didnt even know it had a V-10 :omg:

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the Viper Magic ... funniest story was when a female pulled up clearly expecting to hit on/check out the driver ... she had the funniest look on her face when she realized it was a female. :drive:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many stories, here is one. A couple of months ago I was at a local car show and was sitting in a chair next to some other people. As I kept an eye on the car, a couple of preteen boys were admiring it. Then one of then was bowing down in front of it with his hands above his head bowing down repeatidily paying it homage. The solitary Viper was surrounded by vettes and stangs, but the boys didn't pay any attention to them. Wish I caught it on the cell phone but wasn't quick enough.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did she hit on you anyway? ;)

No she look horrified... I was :rolaugh:

Other females and males for that matter give :2tu:.

Another favorite when I ran into one of the stop light charities running a collection after previously running into them with my husband in his Viper ... You have one too! :omg:

Or at the grocery store - That is my favorite Sports Car every! No Way! That car is beautiful! That is Awesome! ....of course admittedly I still feel that way when I open the garage door so I understand. :drive:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
everyone looks **** in a viper..... well almost

one of the first rides I took in our viper was on my 18th birthday. I wanted to go for a ride down Las Vegas Blvd. it was Nov. 23 so it was a bit cold but we left the top off anyway. Even on the famous 'Vegas Strip' we were getting plenty of looks and waves, but when we stopped at a light we had three girls try to climb into the car!! :omg:Now I am sure that many of you would have thought it was great getting that kind of attention from young women, but I was just pissed that they might scratch the paint. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten out of the car somewhere and had some late 40s ugly hound say "I'll bet you get plenty of "girls" with that car" which of course I just shrug and say "sure". :rolaugh:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you search you'll find pages of stories as this is kinda old.

I was checking into a Hotel when a 19 year old girl came into the lobby, asked if it was my car (I'm 50+). I said yes and she told me that it was "everything she could do NOT to lick my car all over." I mentioned that the wife wouldn't have enjoyed that much and I appreciated her restraint.

Checking into a Best Western in Butte Montana and a guy walked into the lobby. I was standing at the desk. "That your Viper?" he asked. I replied in the affirmative and he said that he was sorry. He was "feeling up my car" and hadn't realized that my wife was sitting in the car. Guess they kinda freaked each other out when they met at the passenger window.

Ted

OP
OP
L

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy who took the pictures yesterday did say "with that car you could get all of the ass in the world" - his girlfriend just smiled and nodded.

Also, why do people always want to lean on the car? A friends wife and his sister came over to ride my horses today and when they were done they wanted to check out the cars. They were all about the Viper but while I was showing them my '57 Chevy (it's a 60,000 mile car, has never seen rain and looks like new) they both leaned back against the Viper:spank:. I acted calm but on the inside I wanted to blow up and I politely asked them not to touch the car. After that one of them tried to wipe away the dust on the car:aargh:. I try not to be too up tight but that red paint and clearcoat show everything.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venomiss, THAT is a Great story! Glad your husband was able to bring a little happiness to that entire family. For years to come they will be reminding each other of the time when Gramps got to ride in a Viper!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A freind of my parents have a 14 year old son. Loves Vipers. When dad found this out he asked if she needed any "help" in encouraging him to either bring up his grades, focus more on his studies, etc. As it turns out, he gets straight A's, does not goof off, applies himself etc.

Well, an arrangement was made and I went and picked him up one day at his high school without his knowing! Well after driving him home I do not think he will ever wipe the smile off his face! I see a potential Viper owner in the future!:)

Lee - Can't agree more! Non car people just do not get it! They will lean on, sit on, rest drinks of food on the car. heck, they will even get in with muddy shoes! They just don't get it!!

At a car show I once even had a father let his kid use my SIDE SILL as a step so the kid could see into my engine better!!:omg::mad: Thanks god for my 3M that I have applied there as even that has a mark in it now!

Robert

VipeRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep,as I'm cruising down the road,all those women have to be staring at me.... no way are they staring at my bright red ride..He He

OP
OP
L

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep,as I'm cruising down the road,all those women have to be staring at me.... no way are they staring at my bright red ride..He He

I started to explain to him that it's just a fun car to drive and that I don't think too many women are interested in the clown behind the wheel but he wasn't interested in hearing that.:+:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something happens almost everytime I take the car out. In fact, my wife and daughter don't like to ride in it with me anymore because they find it too embarassing.

V

Venomiss

That is a great story - thanks for the link.

Did you ever have an opportunity to take him for a "dry" ride?

It's been a while but I do remember we had an event we invited him to at the speedway for Big Brothers& Big Sisters that was a few weeks after this but I don't remember him being there.

This is what they put in the newspaper.

http://forums.viperclub.org/1887508-post53.html

Can't tell you how many times sitting in the Viper for a picture or taking someone out for a Viper ride has inspired many.(A few who became fellow KC members too!)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Western candad VCA brought 11 Vipers to the Charity Car Show in Mission BC this summer. Article in Domestic Driver - A bi-monthly online magazine featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ ezine. Night before the show I was at a car show at Hot Rods and Classics shop and a Father came and asked if his son (9) could loo into my car. I let him sit in the driver's seat and showed him the pretty polished supercharger under the hood. Dave was upset that he didn't have a camera for that "special moment" in his son's life. I took pics and emailed them to the family the next week.

Ted

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have shared this one before but will again for those who may not have read it. I gave a ride to an 87 year old mother of a friend. On an open stretch of e-way I told her we had just reached 120 and asked her if she was nervous or scared. She said no but had never driven faster than her age before. Priceless. Her family has told this story over and over:)

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember our Jersey crew meeting at the Cheesequake service area and I was stretching my legs, while my now ex-girlfriend was sitting in the passenger seat just. I saw a father walking up the parking lot towards about 8 or 10 of our Vipers as we waited for others to arrive. Anyway, the young boy holding his Dad's hand had to be 5 - 7 years old....as I remember barely aware of what cars were what. Anyway the little boy starts jumping up and down as they walk and screams "Dad thats a Viper!!". I saw the Dad was a little embarassed and I couldn't resist and asked "Sir, if you have a camera why don't you take a picture or two with your son in my car?" The father nearly had a stroke, but recovered enough to motion to his wife to get the camera and little boy jumped into the drivers seat. His smile literally went ear to ear...and when I joked "Just don't steal my girlfriend okay?" the little boy looked towards my girlfriend sitting in the passenger seat and said "No way!!". I don't think that girlfriend of mine had ever not been oggled for her looks, but that young boy sure made it clear the car was WAY more interesting than her.

Regards,
Aaron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang