Viper tax?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I picked up some red Viper fender emblyms from Jon B (Austin did a photoshop for me, with the red against black, I thought it looked cool)
I went down to my local bodyshop to get a quote.I didn't want to f them up and figured it would'nt be much.The estimater rubs his chin and says "i'll do it for free if you can bring it in early tomorrow "........FREE....no Viper tax this time...

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Never happens to me!

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you avoid the tax??? Did you move the letters around so that the emblems didn't spell Viper anymore or something? Smart...

OP
OP
L

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
EMC in Fremont Ca. did the work...It was strange not paying.....Oh,and red against Black looks smokin IMO

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I called a couple of shops about with regard to powder coating my wheels, ala, VCA edition SRT. I did not during the call mention the it was a Viper.

One nice guy asked me to send him some pics of what I wanted and I sent him Austin's SRT photoshops. $400 a wheel to powder coat? I called him on it as the site clearly indicates that most auto rims are $100-150 for the service. He tells me that my stock rims take much more time.

Would have thought I ordered the grey poupon or something. Geesh.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper Tax (n) slang: The act of applying a surcharge, by a vendor, for the privledge of purchasing products not exclusive to accessories and performance upgrades for a limited production vehicle.

Viper Tax (v): The assumption that because one owns a Viper that they have unlimited capital resources and are a willing and able party to a transaction which makes the vendor giggle in a style resembling that of a greedy pig.

Sentence: We saw the car and him coming from a mile away and he will pay whatever price I want him to pay. Ala, my Viper Tax." :rolleyes: