Viper Tech Awesomeness???

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I pulled my side sill off to do a couple things.
1. Remove the quarter panel I cracked by pushing on it getting out of the car.
2. Swap in a set of Roe high flow cats.

When I inspected the front exhaust hanger I saw this:
You must be registered for see images attach

My service history shows that both cats were replaced under warranty before I bought the car. Is this what happens when brute-force machanical gets the call into action? I can't imagine engine torque over would cause this kinda damage.

As a side note, I was wondering before I get into the cats, if it's possible to swap the cats while leaving the factory exhaust and crossover in place. I probably won't get to the cats till after I get the quarter back from the body shop.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the cats are 2.5", then you can reinstall them with the factory exhaust. If you have 3" cats, you'll need an adapter that Roe Racing, and I'm sure JonB, sells.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't think it could be from all the :drive:*** HOLES in Ft Mcmurray. The roads are terrible up there. Your steering components must get a workout every time you take it out.:D:D

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those bolts are bent from being pushed up and down by the rigid headers being flexed by the engine. Replace your engine mounts with something that internally locks. [Woodhouse]

However, I have still never seen an exhaust hanger mount THAT bad. It was likely cracked beforehand, and installed with the heat shield on backwards, further drying it out over time.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could be from heat and rott, they look rubber? stuff doesnt last that long anymore like the 74 ltd wagon

OP
OP
D

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just figured I'd update this thread for the ones who responded.

Checked the motor mounts, they were OK, but the exhaust hanger was brittle as ****. Upon further inspection, the heat shield was installed backwards. So the hanger was well done. ;)
And the Dodge parts dept sold me another rear one{(one hole, not two), so for now, it went back together without it.:cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang