Viper Tech's or anyone HELP!!!

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Tech\'s or anyone HELP!!!

This is about to drive me crazy. Decided to take my 94 for a ride awhile ago. Car ran fine and all of a sudden it popped back and died. Haven't been able to get it started since. Fuel pump primes injectors, starter cranks enging it just won't fire. When the DRB is hooked up to give a code it will not locate the PCM.Ordered an new PCM from DC and installed it, same thing cannot locate it. The DRB has the correct card (works on othe model cars) and is the one used by DC dealerships.Checked with the Chuck Tator and he said it was a new one on him and he never had that problem before. Anyone else ever have this problem in locating the PCM with the DRB????? If so what is the fix.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper Tech\'s or anyone HELP!!!

I've never had your particular problem but I'd start looking for a grounded wire. I had a grounded tac signal wire and the car popped and stopped. Found a grounded tac signal wire and that fixed it, no problems since.

OP
OP
R

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks BAD BYTE I tried checking all grounding points with no luck.All seems well unless I missed something. But I will check them again. I did drive through some rain prior to this happeneing. I have just completely run out of places to look for the problem.Voltage to all sensors (crank, cam, etc.) is correct. Checked fuseable links and relays. I have no idea of what to check next. This is driving me crazy. Anyone have a phone number for someone at Dodge that might help?

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You say the scan tool can't find the PCM. Since I don't have a scan tool I'm not familiar with where or how they hook up so I'm only shooting from the hip. If you have access to another viper make sure the DRB can talk when hooked up. If that's the case then I'd check the wiring between the tool (assuming there is some) including connectors.

All that aside, it obviously sounds like an electrical problem.
I'd also check some basics like; are the plugs firing? If not what would cause that. Do you have a wiring schematic? Check your coil packs also if they are grounded, which I understand can happen, then no fire to some cylinders at a minimum, maybe all if the PCM is grounded.

Surely someone else on this board has some advice on what to look for.