Viper vs Evo at Blackhawk Farms

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a video of us two battling it. His is quite heavy modded. I just have intake, exhaust (no cats), tune and kumho v700 plus 111 octane race gas since it was 90degree out there ugh.

enjoy :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVLTZaWlZPI[/media]

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow..ery nice..That srt10 is a gen3 2006 right??? What mods were done to the Evo?

G

Gotvenom 08

Jeff

Great video,looks like you guys were having fun out there.And nice save on that corner,that was an OH s#^% moment huh?

What were the top speeds you were doing on the straights?

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It wasn't that scary when I lost it since I'm a very calm person so I don't panic but got back into control. The EVO, went off the track because his brake pedal went to the floor. After that we pretty much ended it. I stayed abit slower since the corner where I lost it abit.

The Evo is pushing 420awhp when we were running against each other. Gutted out abit, race tires, coilovers (other suspension mods), race pads, I'm sure there are others but can't think of it.

yes its a 2006 coupe

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video! Nice save at 4:10 too. I'd say that course favored the Evo a bit. More tight turns, less straights. Looked like a hell of a fun afternoon though!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neat race, did the EVO upgrade his brakes at all? It appears his brakes were fading near the end, which made your pass so nice!

Regards,
Aaron

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have to watch it again and again..My favorite color combo on the snake..

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
visions just came back of me having to ride with you at Mid OH in the rain.....oh geez.

ok ok, JEFF......you are an AWSOME driver, really I would say naturally fast. I have never seen anyone jump in a car like you did and drive like that.

....and I know that was you driving 'cause you had the gloves on I gave you haha.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video but I can hear it now from all the pimply faced ricer kids that an Evo costing half with mods, what the Viper cost, got it handed to him. Glad u held on to it in that corner.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! :2tu:

Was a little scared on the one corner!

Looks like your back end wants to walk a bit off of most corners. You can hear it in the rpm.

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an Evo IX RS, I have one myself. They're lightened by about 70lbs over the typical Evo, with crank windows, manual door locks, no trunk carpeting, etc. etc., and importantly, NO ABS! They're phenominal little cars, with a moderate amount of mods they can take on just about any supercar, but I'm still looking to sell my Evo and buy an ACR if I can ever drum up the money.

Nice race man, I love the sound of the exhaust on your Viper when it's being pushed. =]

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Long time no see but yes like srt4evah said it is a eveo IX RS very light and also gutted even more but here's a picture of me from that video at 4:10

You must be registered for see images attach

Mopar Boy, You are right. Many of the other drivers that haven't driven a Viper trying to say I should have push it more of the limts.....they don't know what real driving experience is like. I'm good friends with the EVO driver now and he even says that he couldn't believe how I handled when I lost it abit. Must be from driving all rear wheel drive cars haha.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You did a good job. If you're anything like me you probably panic more on public roads than on a track.

That looks like a slow track. Did you have any overheating problems? Vipers need to get some speed to keep that big motor cool.

Omega

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good race, good drivers. In a small track The Evo have advantage, weight, turbo and 4x4. I think your enjoy battle is nice, and your driving very good

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You did a good job. If you're anything like me you probably panic more on public roads than on a track.

That looks like a slow track. Did you have any overheating problems? Vipers need to get some speed to keep that big motor cool.
Yes its not a fast track. No overheating problem. It was around 200 but it was also like 95 degrees out that day. By the time we got done on that session, I was just soaked! I actually topped the car on the straight somewhere between 130-140mph

That's a great picture.:2tu:
If you look close to the rear tire, it looks like the rim pretty much was touching the road lol.

Good race, good drivers. In a small track The Evo have advantage, weight, turbo and 4x4. I think your enjoy battle is nice, and your driving very good

Thanks, we did have our mistakes on the track but pretty much happens when we actually racing at 110%. Evo's are just plain out easy to drive. It weighs like somewhere 2600-2700 since he even gut alot out which he did gain on me abit on the straights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang