VIPERS and airports, any problems

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im just curious how many have left a viper in airport parking and returned to the car in the same shape as they left it. i would cover it im sure, possibly use valet as well.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the choice of taking the snake or my F150 pick-up for a 24hr. stay at the airport this past weekend.My truck was filled with tools and stuff,so I considered taking the car ,and parking in the back.Fortunetly I came to my senses and drove the truck,even though I had the Fred Sanford look going...........

OP
OP
P

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think i would be ok with valet, theres always a guard, and always nice nice cars parked there. should be fine [fingers crossed]

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valet? You're kidding right? Last time I took a very ordinary car to the airport and used the valet service, it took 3 months and a lawyer to get a reimbursement for all the damages that were inflicted on my car.

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd leave a Viper at the airport. No biggie. I fly every weekend and nothing's ever happened to any of my other cars. Wouldn't give it a second thought.

REMIX

italian1nj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Matt, an AIRPORT? VALET? Don't do it. You are justing asking for trouble. Those semi trained monkeys they call valets will trash your ride. Hell since they know you're leaving I wouldn't be surprised if they took your car home for the night or ????

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record I've never run into the valet thing at the airport. Maybe I just don't pay attention but the places I fly out of I don't think even offer valet. Sarasota, FL airport is full of old people and there are a lot of nice cars parked in long term. Tampa International has a garage and most people seem in a hurry when they get off the plane just to get to their cars. Plus I've seen Porsches and Ferraris parked there in the past. Like I said I wouldn't really give it a thought.

REMIX

OP
OP
P

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tampa is where i will fly out of, and ill be flying out for 2-3 weeks a month, i left my lowly 500 rwhp, louder than anything, 03 cobra in valet for a week with no problems, at TIA there is a special floor for valet only, and they have your car pulled up to the door when your plane comes back in

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... airport is full of old people...most people seem in a hurry when they get off the plane just to get to their cars.

REMIX

EXACTLY: Old people in a hurry = scratches, bumper damage, mirrors ripped off, or worse.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here at the Raleigh-Durham airport, I saw a bumblebee GTS in the regular airport lot one time, and I only flew out for a few days, and saw it was there when I got back, looked fine. I've seen a Z8 there too...

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, man. This airport is not real busy so there's always lots of wide open long term spaces everywhere - but usually waaaaaaaaaaaay in the back. I park on an end spot in the back and make the walk to to terminal. In two years and over 100 flights from there I've not once had anyone park next to me. It's just too much of a walk for the mature folk.

I didn't know TPA had a valet section. Valet is a waste of money IMO no matter where it is. I will avoid all valet at all costs.

REMIX

... airport is full of old people...most people seem in a hurry when they get off the plane just to get to their cars.

REMIX

EXACTLY: Old people in a hurry = scratches, bumper damage, mirrors ripped off, or worse.

OP
OP
P

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the funny part is that valet is only like 3 bucks more a day than the regular and you pull right up to the main front door and hand over your keys and its done. i wasnt a valet person either until i was running real late and realized how easy it was. esp after coming home, when im usuall tired, theres nothing like you car being right outside the elevator doors

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are obviously thinking about doing something that would never cross my mind. I wouldn't be able to enjoy my vacation/business trip if I knew my Pride & Joy was sitting somewhere without me being close by. If you have to ask us...you better not do it! :eek:

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just a car. I have to keep telling myself this. I've had a number of vehicles vandalized in my past and in those days I was obsessive about where I parked. Didn't seem to make a difference then, so why should it now? I stopped worrying about those things for my own sanity. I enjoy myself much better now.

FWIW, I was at PF Changs in Tampa not so long ago and noticed this blue F360 spider parked in the lot between a minivan and a POS Nissan. I mean they were close together (something I wouldn't do myself), like inches away from each other. As I was going in, Derek Jeter was leaving and got in the car and drove away. I'm not that cavalier, but close.

I hear ya on the TPA thing. It takes like a full half hour to park, ride the train to check in and then ride the train to the terminal.

REMIX