Vipers belong in Europe - Chapter II

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SnakeBitten: >>>WOWWWWW..That is incredible.....Thats almost a 6 sec run....Ive never heard of a near 6min run from any production based car....Markus are there any other cars that get that close or break the 6min mark?<<<

6 sec run.........?
6 min mark........?

The time for one lap around Nürburgring (without the grand prix track) is 7 min and 2 secs.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
opps..I meant 6 min...To be more precise since it was a 7.02 it could have dipped under 7mins ie 6.58mins....Sorry for the mixup....Has any production based racecar dipped under 7mins on the Ring??? Ive always heard of the Skylines and Porsches doing incredible times on the Ring but dont remember if it was as impressive as that Viper...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RockyTop: No, not shorter. Same "RING" as always...
BURNOUT.gif

SnakeBitten: as an example, the average speed during the whole race for the first five cars:
1. VIPER...152,4 km/h (fastest lap/avarage speed = 167,2 km/h)
2. Porsche.150,2 km/h (2 rounds lost)
3. Porsche.148,0 km/h (4 rounds lost)
4. Porsche 147,8 km/h (4 rounds lost)
5. Nissan..145,3 km/h (6 rounds lost)

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will have a web site up and running in the next few weeks with all of the details you could ever want. We will post the web site up on the board for everyones viewing pleasure.

Please e mail Skip if you are interested in the trip and would like to be updated frequently. We will also have all of the detailed info at the VOI in Nashville this Sept.
[email protected]

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Markus, this time sounds like it was on a shorter track/version of the Ring than the times posted for Porsche etc. in the thread above. Was the track layout driven different ?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SnakeBitten: I will check it again.

OK, here we are:

Ring = 20800 m
Grand Prix = 5147 m

Average (max) speed = 167.2 km/h = 46.388888 m/s

time needed for the Ring = 20800 / 46.38888 = 7.47 min = 7:30 min
time needed for the GP = 5147 / 46.38888 = 110.95 sec = 1:51 min

sum: 7:30 plus 1:51 = 9:21 (min:sec)

I have one "source": he told me that the time needed for the GP track was 2:10 (because of the Viper being slower than max average speed at the GP track), therefore, 9:21 minus 2:10 is 7:11 for the "Ring".

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We came VERY, very close to doing something just like this when Oldmobile did an "official" trip in their then-new Aurora. I think it was 13 days in Europe staying at exotic castles, etc. 30 couples attended as I recalled. We came this close to going, but driving around Europe in an Aurora wasn't at the top of our list, despite the very attractive schedule.

My wife and I are very interested if the funds allow it. Keep us posted!

Chris

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I proposed the "Autobahn" trip only to find that Skip was already looking into.

However, my plan is much more decadent.

First, we're talking 2-4 weeks in Europe... or more if can bum some room and board from kind Viper locals.

But here is the BIG DEAL, forget that flying nonsense, I'm talking crossing the Atlantic in a cruise ship.

OH BABY!

(I guess after you would do this, you perhaps might never come back to the US or perhaps would have to kill yourself afterwards since there would be nothing cooler to do! ...er, well, maybe moving to Europe.... hummmmmmmmmm.)

I better email Courtney and see whats up......

Hey Marcus, do you have a room to rent?

...but which Viper to bring?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CT:
We will have a web site up and running in the next few weeks with all of the details you could ever want. We will post the web site up on the board for everyones viewing pleasure.

Please e mail Skip if you are interested in the trip and would like to be updated frequently. We will also have all of the detailed info at the VOI in Nashville this Sept.
[email protected]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Will do, though I was one of the original respondees, so I figured I should have already been on the list, but didn't get any info - also, I've since emailed Skip and got 1 update, but none since then...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt;&gt;&gt;Hey Marcus, do you have a room to rent?
...but which Viper to bring?&lt;&lt;&lt;

We have plenty of nice locations to stay in South Bavaria!
GTS!
BURNOUT.gif

SnakeBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey SnakeBitten nice name :laugh:
I am from North Bavaria
Hopefully I´ll see some Snakes on meetings this year

Best Regards,
Heiko

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did this event actually take place? (Lucky Viper owners hopping the puddle and flying around Bavaria?)

What a cool idea. Doing it again soon, Skip?