Vipers on passtime show

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Passtime show last night? They had a bunch of Vipers racing,but what bugged me was most of the drivers had never even raced before. Some looked plain silly trying to launch. Still a pretty good show.I wish they had more experienced drivers racing their Vipers though. :dunno:

gtsjim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i saw it thought was great to watch. made me feel:drive proud to own a Viper and also good that i'm not the only one that has problems with hooking up!!!:drive:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw it thought was great to watch. made me feel:drive proud to own a Viper and also good that i'm not the only one that has problems with hooking up!!!:drive:

Yeah,i enjoyed it too.I also am proud to own a Viper. I guess it takes some experience getting your launch down right.I know i have trouble too so i shouldn't complain. My wife and i watch passtime every chance we get ..She was never much into drag racing,but now she guesses the times better than i do! lol :drive:

Dr. Dirt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang! I missed it. I saw the last ten minutes of that show more than a year ago, been waiting for it to rerun ever since. I even checked Speed TV's website on monday to see if they listed a rerun date for the "themed" episodes. Figures that I'd miss it!

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The episode showcased several UGR cars. I think the lowerest HP car on there was in the mid 800 range. It was somewhat disappointing to watch them all run in the 11s and 12s. My understanding is that the track prep was horrible, and it didn't help that most of the drivers had no experience in racing their cars.

But, it made me feel good knowing I can run mid 11s all day long in my almost stock GTS. LOL

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on that show, blue GTS with the parachute. I've made more passes down a drag strip than anyone on this board. I had my car set on kill when I got there. Had rented a track that week to prep. We were the first group to go on the 2nd day. When nate went first, I knew we were screwed. His car can run 8.90's in bristol with no air. He went 9.50 with a full set of slicks/skinnies. I knew we were screwed. They had only prepped the track 150' and drug the rest.

When the lambo in front of me went 11.40's spinning all the way down the track (same one went 9.10 in testing at 169 two weeks prior), I just laughed. They had to edit out most of my conversation with the judges. When asked once they keyed in their times what I thought I'd run, I said I'd be lucky if I made it down the track. If you notice on my pass, they cut the camera half way through the run. That's because the ass end of my car came around at 330'. That's boost in 2nd gear coming on. The driver side front wheel was to the right of my right shoulder. I've never had the car that sideways, in all the passes I've made.

I flew up the return road, drove straight to the starting line and lost it on the crew. The zmax crew is the worst crew in NHRA. That's why they bring the bristol crew to prep it for pinks and other big shows. Roy Hill was there, thank god. He had rented my track (I owned an IHRA track for 2 years) many times. After I explained that someone was going to get killed, they finally stopped the show. They spent 45 minutes and reprepped the entire track. From there it was, but they refused to redo our show.

Just to give perspective. I came back for pinks all out a few months later. I left the car set on 12lbs of boost, left at 2k rpm to intentionally slow my 60' down (1.78's vs 1.50's I can cut) and ran 9.83 on a 20" invo. I went into that show set at 17lbs and had planned on running 8.90's, because I thought they'd prep the track.

Drivers had nothing to do with those times, it was a **** track. As far as my driving ability:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2Uzq45R2k[/media]

Drove it to the track and drove it home. :). Not bad for a 20" invo.

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on that show, blue GTS with the parachute. I've made more passes down a drag strip than anyone on this board. I had my car set on kill when I got there. Had rented a track that week to prep. We were the first group to go on the 2nd day. When nate went first, I knew we were screwed. His car can run 8.90's in bristol with no air. He went 9.50 with a full set of slicks/skinnies. I knew we were screwed. They had only prepped the track 150' and drug the rest.

When the lambo in front of me went 11.40's spinning all the way down the track (same one went 9.10 in testing at 169 two weeks prior), I just laughed. They had to edit out most of my conversation with the judges. When asked once they keyed in their times what I thought I'd run, I said I'd be lucky if I made it down the track. If you notice on my pass, they cut the camera half way through the run. That's because the ass end of my car came around at 330'. That's boost in 2nd gear coming on. The driver side front wheel was to the right of my right shoulder. I've never had the car that sideways, in all the passes I've made.

I flew up the return road, drove straight to the starting line and lost it on the crew. The zmax crew is the worst crew in NHRA. That's why they bring the bristol crew to prep it for pinks and other big shows. Roy Hill was there, thank god. He had rented my track (I owned an IHRA track for 2 years) many times. After I explained that someone was going to get killed, they finally stopped the show. They spent 45 minutes and reprepped the entire track. From there it was, but they refused to redo our show.

Just to give perspective. I came back for pinks all out a few months later. I left the car set on 12lbs of boost, left at 2k rpm to intentionally slow my 60' down (1.78's vs 1.50's I can cut) and ran 9.83 on a 20" invo. I went into that show set at 17lbs and had planned on running 8.90's, because I thought they'd prep the track.

Drivers had nothing to do with those times, it was a **** track. As far as my driving ability:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2Uzq45R2k[/media]

Drove it to the track and drove it home. :). Not bad for a 20" invo.

Thanks for the explanation. Couldn't quite figure what the problem was. :dunno:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!!!

I heard that something like that happened on that episode.

Bet you were :mad:

Sorry to hear that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang