Vipers per state

Discussion in 'Ask VCA Headquarters' started by okloneranger, Oct 18, 2011.

1. okloneranger

okloneranger Enthusiast

A couple of years ago Viper magazine put out a map (center page) of the U.S. with total numbers of Vipers in each state. I would like to see them do that again (a kind of update). I guess there must be a way to do that through each state's Department of Motor Vehicles. I realize, at best, that can only be a close approximation because people are buying and selling their cars daily.

2. Mutts02GTS

Mutts02GTS Viper Owner

I was just thinking about that last night, wondering how ownership broke down by state. We are thinking of moving back to Alaska and I was curious how many fellow Viper owners are up there... Take care. Jeff

3. Jance GTS

Jance GTS Viper Owner

+1 for Oklahoma

4. azvipermike

azvipermike Enthusiast

+1 Arizona

5. ACR_Matt

ACR_Matt Viper Owner

+1 Arkansas. Go Hogs!

6. Kala

Kala Viper Owner

7. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

Dang good thing I am on there. If I forget where I live, I can now find my way home. :D

8. Green Viper

Green Viper Viper Owner

The map that Viper magazine published in the past does two things, 1 gives an idea how many Vipers are in a state and 2 helps identify how many members are in that region.

The President's of each region usually get a copy of that information at the President's meeting. (It is at a snap shot in time.)

The only issue with the report is the data is (or at least was) collected by VINs based on them being serviced or sold by a dealership in the state. So if you brought a car in for service but then sold it to someone in a different state, it may still show up in your state or potentially could be double counted.

If it is of interest and you can't locate it send me a PM and I will try and find and scan the latest copy that I can locate.

9. Kala

Kala Viper Owner

SMOTY... We didn't want to tell you the REAL reason for the map... But now that you know.... Cool! :cool:

10. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

LOL

Its a problem when you get to my age.....memory starts to go.

Thanks for thinking of me! :D

Smoty

11. Kala

Kala Viper Owner

Looking at the Google map this morning. There's no new pins in OK, AR or AZ do you guys need help dropping a pin?
    I'll drop a pin for you if you wanna give me a general location...

12. georgethedog

georgethedog Viper Owner

The map looks like there is a hot air ballon rally in Southern California...

13. Kala

Kala Viper Owner

Mmmm... Our club hasn't done the hot air balloon thing yet.... Might b an idea!

Thanks George!

14. ACR_Matt

ACR_Matt Viper Owner

After several failed attempts, I'm ashamed to admit that I need some assistance with that lol.. Guess I'm not as computer savvy as I thought:dunno: That being said, drop a red pin for me in Mena, Arkansas:drive:
    Thanks!
    Matt

15. viper067

viper067 Viper Owner

I think since they are all listed as so cal viper, that it is actually a code for all the hooters locations for when Chad comes to visit Southern California he will know where to stop.

16. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

Aaaaahhahahahahahahaha! :rolaugh:

Priceless. :lmao:

17. TowDawg

TowDawg Viper Owner

I don't want to have to create a Google account to drop a pin. Can you put one in Chattanooga, TN for me?
    I know of at least 5 others here as well. More and more seem to be popping up in the area.

18. V10SpeedLuvr

V10SpeedLuvr Enthusiast

I've been to CA twice in the past year. Hooters is definitely more of a east coast thing. They're all over the place out here in GA, in CA, you actually have to go looking for them. With Hooters HQ in Atlanta, I guess it makes sense. With that said, I can think of at least 6 different ones I went to while I was out in CA. Thanks to Lance, Aaron and Paul, whenever I met up with them, they already knew where the nearest Hooters was and had planned dinner there. The others I found on my own :D

19. VYPR BYT 94

VYPR BYT 94 Viper Owner

Don't sweat it! It took me like 3-4 attempts before I got it . Ask Kala to drop one for you.
    Probably better to send pm in case it gets overlooked here.