Vipers, Speedvision and the Rolex 24

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty good coverage I thought except it would have been better if they would have gone flag to flag. Anybody else watch it? Please answer 'yes' even if you didn't so we can let Dodge know we love sports cars and racing and want the legacy to continue.

BTW I own a 98 RT/10 and a 97 GTS. Mine are red, what color are yours?
[gratuitous comment to justify posting in this section]

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My '97 GTS is red also but I didn't get to watch the race, I was too busy racing my Viper on a smaller track. ;) I hope Dodge stays in the game though.

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I watched part of it... and I am going to the 24hrs of Le Mans !!! Where I will meet with some europeans Vipers...Yeah... :2tu:
So, please, Dodge, let us see some CC kicking the Vettes asps... :headbang:

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, watched a bunched.
No vipers to be found.
If my memory is correct, didn't Dodge win this overall a while back?
We have the right product, so lets show them!!!!

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, did watch lots of coverage and am looking forward to the day Viper rules again ('02 FE GTS).

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, I just got back from Daytona as I go every year. The weather was perfect this year except for a few hours in the early am with some rain. This year they had no Vipers but some heavy hitters on the drivers side. Basically the best in the world showed up and from IRL, CHAMP, and NASTYCAR, along with the road course aces. Very few yellows to speak of and one 78 minute red flag in the middle of the night where a Porsche GT series car hit a guard rail and the rail had to be repaired. There were mishaps the day before with the KONI Grand Am Cup series but none serious. A huge Corvette and Porsche corral as usual but did not see one Viper this time. Sure miss the 2000 Rolex when DC/ORECA Viper took first over all. Got to talk with Jeff Gordon briefly and some other notibles just prior to the race, as this series along with the ALMS is so fan friendly! Doing the RV thing there next year.

BB Racin 77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I usually go every year but couldn't go this year. I was there when Dodge won and want to see that again! :2tu:

I followed the coverage on tv and live timing on the net.

96 B/W

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To my knowledge the issue in Daytona has nothing to do with Dodge, its the limitation on cc's.
This cuts out all 8000 cc Vipers... *****.....

I would like to see much more variety of cars there, like in Le Mans.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would best to show it start to finish.

BTW, what year did Dodge make red vipers?
Just keeping on the topic!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4