VOI-12 is charging $775 just to see the GEN-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My schedule does not permit me to participate in VOI-12 but I thought I would drop by to see the GEN-V. I emailed them to asked when/where and they responded saying that only register-guests ($775) can participate and thanked me for understanding. Well I am not understanding. How W@#$% friendly is that!!!!!!!! Give me a #$% day pass or something. Good f%^ lord man. It's not like there are a ton of opportunities to see the car, NOT.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iit's crazy I know but then I'm not fameliar with the event that much and I think they offer you track entry so that might explain the hefty fee.
I heared the event got cancelled or something!

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper GMC/Others,just go to Charlotte during the VOI,like so many will do.The area will be full of Vipers on the Public roads and in the parking lots.You will see the Gen 5 s driving around and parked for free.That is what we did in 2003 and we saw about 10 of the 2003s parked in front of the hotel then.Ie Public Area....The response from VOI shows pure greed.See Ya Their..........

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Title of the thread is definitely misleading. For a second I thought I was gonna have to pay additional $$ to see the car but I said to myself "That can't be right." Look...SRT is probably going above and beyond to have GEN V's there for us to see AND experience. This is a perk of being registered for VOI. I understand you can't go due to schedule so maybe contact SRT and find out if they will have a car on the auto show circuit coming up. Just an idea.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every year VOI gets requests for ala carte pricing. Some want to provide their own meals, others want only drag racing, but not road racing. Some just want to bring their kids and not attend the driving events. Some only want to go to the Memorabilia night, and others that live in a nearby town only want to swing by for one day to watch.

Maybe someday this will be more possible, but with the tiny current staff of just a few volunteers, it would be impossible determing who paid for what, and check every attendee at every venue to see who paid for what.

VOI 12 Support

VOI Support
VCA Member
Reaction score
We already replied to the original poster by email with this:

"There are certainly times when those cars should be cruising the local area, however the static displays and customer drives will be inside gated areas that are closed to the public. Credentials, insurance waivers, and a variety of other things will be required to get in those venues."

Do you ever have shows in your area that feature some B-list celebrity signing autographs or "get your picture with the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders!"? Can you go to the door and tell them you don't have a ticket to the show (car show, gun show, boat show, etc.) but only want to get your picture with the cheerleaders? Nope. Maybe send that guy from Happy Days out to sign something for you as you really don't want to see anything else? No again.

The reality is that they use them as a draw to bring paid folks in so that they can afford everything else at the show. Ever rented a NASCAR superspeedway for three days? Then threw in a four-lane NHRA drag strip, convention facilities, 18 luxury buses, staffing, and expensive meals? It isn't free. There has NEVER been a VOI that offered ala carte pricing and it wasn't something we could offer this time. Getting actual seat time in a Gen V is a perk of being a paid participant in this event and helps us pay for it.

So while we apologize to those that would like to experience it for free, we simply can't do it. Again, you may very well see them driving around the Charlotte area that weekend. However if you want to get up close and personal with them you will have to pay to get in like everybody else. It has nothing to do with greed, but simple economics.

V

VCA Forum Staff

Thread closed. OP was already answered by VOI staff and the topic of a la carte VOI has been discussed before in this forum with the action item being it will be considered for the next VOI. There's no valid reason to come in here and disparage VOI staff or the event itself.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.