VOI 7 Nashville-Sept.2002

first2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just noticed in our recent Tenn/Alabama Viper club news update, VOI 7 is being scheduled for mid September 2002 in Nashville at The Opryland Hotel.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have heard same rumor...would like confirmation by VCA HDQ prior to planning. We recently stayed at Opreyland Hotel...thought it would be a good choice for a future Club venue, as families will feel there is plenty to see/do!!

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This really *****. I was hopeing that the next VOI would be in Detroit. Well so much for the craftspeople at CAAP getting to meet all you GREAT people.

Thomas

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
major bummer!!!
Detroit is not too far away
smile.gif
but all the way to Tennessee
pissed.gif

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad gts,
I guess your trying to win friends with that hole in you head?
confused.gif

Kept it up your doing a great job of it!
dead.gif

Nashville is in the heart-land of this Country!
usa-clear-s.gif

A VOI WOULD BE GREAT THERE!
BURNOUT.gif

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me tell you something. Traveling to Detroit on any of it's connecting highways, and in the city itself, ***** big time. I went to school there (many years ago), and visited CAAP this year and was very concerned about the roads in my JEEP! --- let alone in the Viper. Those interstates around there are dangerous. I saw 3 separate rollover wrecks on 94 in a short 100 mile drive. Traffic was very congested, and, again, it sucked.

I'm personally relieved.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper Wizard:
1bad gts,
I guess your trying to win friends with that hole in you head?
confused.gif

Kept it up your doing a great job of it!
dead.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Chuck don't be so harsh. 1bad is just trying to garner a few last minute votes for the VCA Forum '****** of the Year' Award.

Luetic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
September? Why so late? Nashville? Why? And if you hate country music and all the "things" associated with it? I mean what is there to do, that time of year, not country or country related? Hang out at the pool? no, golf, no, ummm sit in your hotel room? yes, we have a winner, how about Maine in January?

frown.gif
disappointing

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must all remember... this is a Dodge Event. They plan it, pay for the majority of it, subsidize getting your car shipped there - if you don't drive there, and for what? They do all of this to say thank you to the Viper Nation for continuing to purchase the best American sports car in the world. I've been told they do all of this at a loss of millions of dollars.

There are only so many cities in the US that will house between 1500 and 2000 guests all with a special car in tow that requires special parking in the same hotel. My guess is that they will end up choosing the three or four cities that worked well and rotate between them in the future - that is if they chose to continue to loose millions of dollars on us.

We know cities like Vegas, Orlando worked well. I'm sure they will be sites of future VOI's if there are VOI's in our future.

As Wing King said - many of us would attend the VOI's no matter where they were held. I've always believed that the people make the party - not the location. For those of you that don't appreciate what Dodge does for us will loose out on a great event. Those of us that attend will continue to enjoy all that Dodge does for us. I have attended every VOI from VOI2 through VOI6. Just when you think they can't improve - they one up the last event.

If it doesn't fit you - you should not attend. I for one will attend and have a great time with all of the other members of the Viper Nation that also appreciate what Dodge does for us

Thanks you Dodge and JRT for all the time and effort you put into these events so that you can loose money on our behalf.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nashville!!

Man, thats great! Ive been wanting to take my wife to the Opryland Hotel for years! September, another good idea. July and August are hot as a dogs breath! September in Tenn. is a good weather month with cooler temps on average.

Im going to check my dragstrip registry to see what tracks are nearby as I could care less about roundi round racing.

Im in florida, Detroit............what a drive, and to have to drive through Cleveland to get there!!(no offense Jack B.) but I'd rather french kiss a rattlesnake!

Keep up the good work Dodge. Want to make this the best VOI yet? as is always the advertisment................pick up the tab for the hotel and track expenses...LOL!!(that entry fee of 1200 bills for two persons last year and another 500 for the hotel was a little strong, I had to crack the kids piggy bank)

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen from Germany it does NOT matter whether VOI.7 is in Detroit, Orlando, Vegas or Nashville....its FAR away and I will attend anyway!

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chaps,

Don't care but please let the local Law Enforcement Officers kno that a big group of us are coming over from the UK, not just ***.

Its going to be soooooooooo cooooooooooooooool

Paul

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth (probably little!!), I had the occasion to drive from Indy to Nashville last month. I remember calling Bill Pemberton along the way just to confess that I had likely hit "an all time low"... with 5 Vipers in the garage, and what am I driving??... a rented MINIVAN (loaded with STUFF for a charity auction)south on I 65 to Nashville, to spend 3 days at a convention with 600 "older ladies" (NOT entirely accurate!!!). The thought of staying at Opreyland Hotel (fully expecting to see a wax likeness of Minni Pearl in the lobby) was also bothering me. Bill allowed that things could be worse...and suggested that at least it was a DODGE minivan. (THANKS BIll !!!).

First off, the Dodge Caravan rode very well, AND hauled a$$ on those hills!!! The folks at Opreyland Hotel could not have been nicer (staff and guests). AND, as I wandered around the 3000 plus room facility I was VERY surprised to discover the large, enclosed atrium with water falls, trees, walkways etc./...THEN I found the 4 acre enclosed section, complete with a RIVER!!!I think this place will offer a nice "rest area" between track activities...particularly if one is attending with a family.

When I compare the Hotel to that of VOI.6 (Adam's Mark), I think this will work QUITE WELL !!! Not sure about the parking situation...it CAN be secured, but I don't know if they have any covered areas (remembering that I was told that we might face a similar situation if VOI.7 was held in Detroit).

BIG BONUS!!! In MY opinion, the roads into Nashville are 20 to 1 better than those in/about Motor City...they WON"T rip the wheels off of your Viper!!!

So, if the rumors indeed prove to be true, we will be happy to journey to VOI.7 in Nashville!!

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Count me in.

I drove my Viper to CAAP earlier this year and will vouch for the road conditions. Horrid. In addition, one of my virtually brand new Pilots ended up with a nice bolt through it (could have happened anywhere, I admit).

While I certainly would have driven the Viper to a Detroit VOI, I will probably not drive the car up there for any other reason. My next CAAP visit will be in my Chrysler minivan... </FONT f>

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nashville it is then! The Viper Community will have a blast with our Snakes anywhere!! I will just have to go out and buy some Country CDs to pop in while we are cruisin'!!

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
St. Louis was my first VOI,but will not be the last.Doesnt make any difference to me where it is held,the event itself and the people make it what it is.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Memphis Motorsports Park — fresh off a multi-million dollar renovation project — is proud to offer race teams and the automotive industry an outstanding multi-track facility for testing, corporate ride-and-drive programs, commercial filming and a wide variety of special events and meetings.

This rapidly expanding Mid-South facility is located just 15 minutes from downtown Memphis and historic Beale Street, giving each client access to some of the Mid-South's top attractions and landmarks, not to mention Memphis' world famous barbecue.

Nestled just a few miles from the Mississippi River Bluffs, Memphis Motorsports Park houses a brand new 3/4-mile banked oval, a 1.8 mile road circuit, a quarter-mile drag strip, as well as, a quarter-mile dirt oval. From stock cars to sprint cars, sports cars to Champ and Indy Cars and dragsters to bikers, "The Park" offers a first-class automotive driving facility to all levels of competition.

Memphis, Tennessee — offers a cost effective, one stop opportunity to test and tune equipment in a number of different competition settings.

Full catering and special event services are available, and our professional staff at Memphis Motorsports Park is dedicated to making sure that client's stay in Memphis exceeds all expectations.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Lashinsky:
Opryland Hotel is a four star resort and could handle the whole Viper group in style. Nashville has its new Super Speedway for Nascar and roadcourse events. As far as a dragstrip, NHRA has the Music City Raceway in Hendersonville which is in the Nashville area. It's an 1/8TH mile track. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nashville is great! As far as I'm concerned, anyplace for a Viper Owners Invitational is great! Ever since Detroit was announced as the site for VOI7, I've been wondering how the Vipers would fare on Michigan roads. I guess I won't have to find out...

Two years ago, when they announced St. Louis for VOI6, there was all kinds of complaining and whining on this board. I see that tradition has continued with Nashville and VOI7. If you don't like Nashville -- fine! Stay home! We had 800 Vipers in Las Vegas and 600 in St. Louis. All attendees had a great time. I can't believe Dodge will have any trouble filling VOI7.

And as far as the complaining about September (a non-summer month) goes, as I recall, VOI5 was in late April, and VOI4 was in September. Neither of those events was hurting for attendees.

I am very disappointed when I read the whining about the time and place for VOI7. Dodge ponies up a bunch of money (in tough times) for a 4-day party exclusively for Viper owners, and barely has the announcement gone out and we're hearing complaints. You ingrates should buy a Corvette or a Porsche or a Ferrari and complain about the date and time of their owner invitationals. (Oh, I forgot -- they don't throw owner invitationals for their customers!)

See you all next year in Nashville!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
venom 2k,
please elaborate on this "subsidize getting your car shipped there - if you don't drive there"

so they will take my car down and back for free?

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent site. I was stationed just outside of Nashville my last years on active duty. While the available tracks may not be the best, at least it won't have the inherent crime rate of places like Detroit.

Greg
96 RT/10 (K&N carbon fiber airbox, smooth tubes, Borla 3" exhaust, revalved Konis, Eibach springs, adj endlinks, anti-toe brackets)
00 GTS (K&N's)
01 SVT COBRA

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really care where it is, as long as the track is good and the parking is secure like in St. Louis. I had a great time in St.Loius,which was my first. I'll be driving, pulling my trailer with all the supplies.
Guess I'd better get out the map and start to figure out the route.......how long from N.Y.?

Andrew.......wish it was in the Spring though.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Detroit is no longer the plan as we were told (which is a shame, I was looking forward to seeing the '03 Vipers on the line and the great car museums), and Las Vegas and Monterey are not possible for some reason, I guess a trip to Nashville will work. I just hope that, as several people mentioned, the mistake of not allowing families/kids is not made again like in St. Louis!!!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron:
I cant agree more!
CU all in Nashville.
Your "yellow-black-stripes" combination looks GREAT!

Reaction score
Nashville is a great city considering I live here.
laugh.gif
I think most of guys/gals will love it here. Theres tons of great things to do and see here. Plus they just got finished building the new NASCAR Speedway here ( Nashville Speedway ), it has a road race course and a quarter mile track. Also there is a huge mall right next to the hotel for all the women ( Opry Mills Mall ). There is also a 1/8 mile track about 20 minutes from the hotel too with a Road Race course also www.musiccityraceway.com Check out this site for tons of info on Nashville Nashville Info Here . Hope to see you all here!!!!!!

If you need any info on Nashville or surrounding areas just e-mail me privately.