VOI 8 ????????????????????????????????????/

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, what the hell is going on with VOI 8 ??

When? I want it to be during the school year, so kids are not an issue, my wife won't want to come anyway, and the trip will be cheaper for me. Mid September is perfect.

Where? I want it on the east coast. Watkins Glen!?!?!? I am not shipping my car halfway, or all the way across the country so some Joe Blow can cruise around in it and beat the daylights out of it before I get it. I plan to trailer the car, as always.

I don't want to hear all the crying and moaning about the cost. It's always a great deal when all things are considered, BUT, someone in charge tell Dodge to charge us $50 more and put extra give away stuff on the tables instead of everyone fighting and complaining about what was NOT given out. And, as far as the banners being treated as some highly collectable item, give me a break! Just give them out to the car owners. It looks to me as though there were plenty to go around at VOI 7.

Finally, no more hick-town bars or country western entertainment, unless it's Shania Twain. I want hot, barely clothed females. When they are done, get
Tony B to come out and Sing "I Left My Heart in San Fransisco". I want Pamela Anderson to sign Autographs, Sylvester Stalone to sign Rocky VI Movie Posters, Arnold to talk about his old Bodybuilding days, and George Bush Sr. to say F.U. to every Liberal S.O.B. that thinks he son is doing a bad job!!!

Last, I want to food to be catered from Mike's Deli in Arthur Ave. in the Bronx. I'll personally pick up the food in my truck and drive it up. As a matter of fact, Chuck Tator will be happy to run down with me and trailer up the Sausage & Cheese. Greg's car is high enough that if we load it down with the deserts, he'll still have enough clearance to off-road.

So, what's the plan ???

Andrew

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people (like myself) must plan ahead almost a year in advance.I don't give a shi* about where but I have to know when at least a year in advance. Bruce

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the complete history of VOIs, but believe that the following order occurred:

VOI3 - Indy
VOI4 - Sebring (Florida?)
VOI5 - Las Vegas
VOI6 - St. Louis
VOI7 - Nashville

One might look at the trend and say VOIs have covered the middle-west to east coast in the past 5 years. From that, I believe the next is definitely going west. My guess, probably west of Las Vegas.

Cal--i--for--nia, here we come. (sing along)

(IMO, and hope, Colorado Springs is another good possibility.)

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote the same as Andrew.East coast.We could use englishtown for the drag racing and I know a ramada that's really huge!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the complete history of VOIs, but believe that the following order occurred:

VOI3 - Indy
VOI4 - Sebring (Florida?)
VOI5 - Las Vegas
VOI6 - St. Louis
VOI7 - Nashville

One might look at the trend and say VOIs have covered the middle-west to east coast in the past 5 years. From that, I believe the next is definitely going west. My guess, probably west of Las Vegas.

Cal--i--for--nia, here we come. (sing along)

(IMO, and hope, Colorado Springs is another good possibility.)

VOI1 - Detroit
VOI2 - Monterrey
VOI3 - Indianapolis
VOI4 - Orlando
VOI5 - Las Vegas
VOI6 - St. Louis
VOI7 - Nashville

Seems like the trend has been to be more central. Allows more to drive rather than ship their cars. I don't think you could go further west than Colorado and keep that possibility. Haven't had one north (Montana, Dakotas, Minnesota, etc) or south (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, etc.) either. Only a few of those states have both tracks and the hotel capability for a VOI.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I figure that for the zone rendevous here we have an autocross already set up on the east side parking lot.The viper's park on the west side in the snake pit.Raceway Park can hold many MANY people.I guess a cruise of all the vipers would have to be through Colts Neck,Red Bank and Eatontown.I dunno if bulher has a dyno but if we do owners can see what there car is pushing and how bout a super viper shootout?(Sir Hiss,SVS stryker,RSI,HPE,TNT,DLM,etc.)I don't know how many vipers E-town can have(well who cares it has plenty of space:))but I would like to see at least all if not every viper there.SRT-10 rams and SRT-4's would be nice for the autocross from PVO.I know we got alot of rain for summer this year but ya never know.The weather could be great for weeks next year.Oh and one more thing.Can I attend? I have friends at my high school that really like the viper too.My friend Bart is insane over the car.I told him I got 2 rides,seen more than 200 vipers,and have been to viper events before and he is really wanting to go to one and I think VOI 8 would be great.I know I've said it before but we should really have a jr VCA.Something were kids or enthusists can enjoy going to events and being able to know someone on the fourm or whatever,meet them and talk with them about there passion on the car,and get a fell about what it's like to own a viper.Now that I think of it I'm pretty lucky that one day hold keys to a viper,sit in a viper,get a ride in a viper,shift a viper and get to talk with viper owners.Not many other viper enthusists have been able to do what I've done and I think they should get the same chance.

-Ron
P.S. NO WAY NOT MID-SEPTEMBER!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no hotel that can acocmodate 1600 people within a reasonable distance from Watkins Glen.

Also, I don't expect that VOI will ever be so far in one "corner" of the country - it'd be just too far to drive for most all Viper owners. I'd anticipate it to be still near the middle of the country and bounce around North / South and East / West while still being centrally located.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Texas.....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My vote would be for Carmel / Montery CA.

Russ, a FLA guy votes for Monterey / Carmel. AWESOME Venue, but:

1) No single hotel to hold us in Monterey, or many other great cities. Seperate hotels were a downer in past VOIs...its much easier for all concerned in 1.

2) Dodge had to literally PAY FOLKS to attend Monterey VOI-2! RSVPs were under 100 til Dodge awarded a free hardtop (All Vipers were Gen 1 back then. Detroit's VOI-1 was $250 and VOI-2 was waaay more expensive, and wwwaaay West.

3) Vegas (VOI-5) is cheap airfare from all USA, Cheap hotels, Big hotels, excellent weather virtually guaranteed, great track venue (higher-altitute drags hurts times and bragging rights) My vote is Vegas, but I'd LOVE to drive The Glen before I croak............

4)Hotel booking will probably necessitate a 8+ month advance notice.

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a new owner, I would love to experience a VOI event. If one was held in east coast, somewhere between NY to NC, I'd be there come hell or high water. However, I understand that this is a national event, and as such must be held at a location convenient to all Viper owners. So, my suggestion is .............

WHY NOT HAVE VOI 8 IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS? ONE IN EAST COAST AND ONE IN WEST COAST (AND ANOTHER IN CENTRAL PARTS).

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NJ will work for me! So, what's the problem with Watkins ???

The main lodging could be at the Seneca Lodge. Ha Ha!! The Nascar teams hate coming here due to accomodations and I'm equally assure the Viper owners won't be impressed either. Plus there is no drag strip!

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Texas.....

I'm told Dallas is a site under consideration. That would be a little 1300 mile jaunt. Las Vegas is over 2000 miles. Should it be one of those two--I vote for Dallas.

Steve

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
I understand all the problems associated with going somewhere like Montery....I was just dreaming about my personal "ideal." I'll be wherever they hold it.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY NOT HAVE VOI 8 IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS? ONE IN EAST COAST AND ONE IN WEST COAST (AND ANOTHER IN CENTRAL PARTS).
They already have those (called Zone Rendevous). They occur every year or every other, not sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude