VOI 8 ????????????????????????????????????/

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm still holding onto LV or somewhere in Texas.

Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, wherever . . I plan on being there this round.

Maybe we can have a VCA vs Alley drinking contest . . .

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,

Same here. They are building a copy of the hotel that VOI had in Nashville and there are others that will accomodate the numbers. TMS is a track that the local club,etc. uses for events and the weather and race schedule would hold up well. Always the chance of rain in September but the Texas option does seem to be a real possibility.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My vote, and EVERY OTHER OWNER I have talked to around here votes for:

LAS VEGAS!!!

Does Dodge realize that after the success of the first vegas, if they did another one, it would probably dwarf the results of the first??? Who in there right mind WOULDNT want to go to vegas? Almost gauranteed nice weather, PLENTY to do and see, What more could anyone ask for? It has about 25 (realistic) votes from me!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, a New York ballot stuffer :)

Las Vegas is nice. But a little later (mid-May) may be better for weather. Last time we did encounter a bit of rain. Vegas almost guarantees the need for shipping. Especially if in April like last time. I know 2 people who drove from here and hit major snow on the way. Ugh!

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas? Shipping the car? Headaches? Screw it, I'll use whatever car Dodge provides if it's in Vegas.
I don't let a Valet drive my car into a spot, and I'm going to let some Shmo ship it across the country to Vegas? Yeah, sure.

Andrew.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, the shmo I used was Reliable, the same ones that move them to the dealers, and even they scratched it up. Too many variables with anyone. Basically potluck, I think.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet on Detroit, since it would be the ten year reunion. The only problem again is the same one that most locations have, a hotel that holds 1500 people.

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where ever VOI 8 is. If anybody needs there car transported with the care it deserves from a tranporter and fellow Viper owner. Gimmie a call or email me. Your car will not be stacked or moved to acomodate any other cars in transit. It will be loaded once by myself transported ad unloaded by myself. Nobody else touches or moves your car from point A to point B. :usa:

RON98GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<<<<<<<Boy.....sorry I started this. Doesn't anyone vote for the east?>>>>

East Coast. I could go for that. I vote east!!!!!!!!!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last few have been on the eastern half of the US. It's time for a western states VOI

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know.....there is only way way to settle this east west split.....vote.

How can a vote be taken on line? We need some technology guy out there to do this. Just for the hell of it, I'd be interested to see how it turns out. Wouldn't the VCA want to know? The whole country could be listed by state, and we should be able to then group states into zones, and then see which zone gets the most votes.

Andrew

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas......West Coast?

Dallas to San Francisco ......1,700 miles
Dallas to Portland............2,100 Miles
Dallas to Seattle.............2,200 Miles

Dallas to New York...........1,500 Miles
Dallas to Miami...............1,300 Miles

So much for the East, Mid, West theory.

BTW it's Sept. 9 through the 13, 2004

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That really gets me... why would they do it in early SEPTEMBER? JUST after all schools get going again... the worst times to miss. they couldnt make it MAY? give me a break. the LEAST they could have done would be to make it the end of the month... and in a better place than DALLAS! YUCK.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey andrew 2krt10, don't forget the north/south vote...remember that Canadians also belong to this club!! How about the pacific NW, or California....Vegas was a great venue...

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just dont understand... why WOULDNT they bring it back to Vegas...? I dont think they would get ANY opposition on that one! I really doubt I will be attending the next VOI if its in Dallas... way too far, and not enough enjoyment to offset the shipping costs, vacation costs, etc... etc. CA/AZ/NV/FL are about the only states that far away I would bother with.

Come on Dodge... Its not too late to change your minds. I dont you'll be seeing to many of the northerners/Easterners if you put it in Dallas...not enough "cool" factor to attract from that distance.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, don't blame me, I suggested Colorado Springs,..........Vipers zipping through the Rockies in the Fall,Aspens turning, road trips to the Coors Plant........ah, what coulda been?

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VOI 8

I get a hugh kick out of reading the gripes...I'd go if they had it in Tonga! And I'll bet most of you would, too! It's great, wherever it is!