VOI 8 ????????????????????????????????????/

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VOI 8

Is the next VOI still being held in Dallas? I saw a post from Jay that stated this. Has there been any other word?

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I think it is set for Dallas. ****** me off, only because it is to far to trailer, and now I am into shipping and flying...and all that sh*t. It just becomes a way bigger deal than just hooking up the car, waking up early, and driving 10-15 hours if necessary.

AC

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know, but it can't be convienient for everybody. There are going to be alot of poeple for the NY area going. A VERY large car caravan would be a blast, partying along the way! I, myself, will be driving the trip in 10 hours. Do you remember the exact dates? I was going to make hotel reservations...........

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Normally there is a designated hotel. If you stay elsewhere you may miss some of the fun. Course it may be cheaper as well.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

During VOI 7, the Opry was booked had no choice. Stayed at the Doubletree suits for $35 a night(room had a a bedroom, kitchenet and "living" room. They also allowed me to park the car under the overhang in the front of the hotel with a security officer watching it every night. Was the best money I ever spent on a hotel room. :headbang: :headbang:

vipercp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For everybody.....news on VOI8!

Dallas Texas
September 9-12
Use of Texas Motor Speedway

Some "Surprises" will happen!

Hope this helps.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, I wish we only had a 10-15 hour drive...we are looking at 80 hours of driving time for the return trip!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
80 hours! That is somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000 to 6000 miles, depending on your average speed. Where in Canada is that far from Texas?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from British Columbia - 4000+ miles round trip. If you travel the speed limit and do not stop at all it will take somewhere around 67 hours return. Add in several fuel stops, several conversations at each fuel stop answering "the usual" viper questions, and we would be lucky to make it in 80 hours return. I just got the 80 hour average drive time information from the internet. Think I will be flying and shipping the car.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY to Dallas is one of the most boring drives. I drove from NY to Vegas for VOI-5 and did a lot of national park hopping along the way. 6500 miles one way and 25 days and I enjoyed every bit. It came back on the trailer because I ran out of time. The way I see it, I'd rather drive my car than see it collect dust.

-Avi

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VOI 8 activities agenda ???

I have never attended a VOI event. Is there a Website that has information on what will be going on activities-wise for planning purposes. I am debating whether to attend a VOI event or a multi-day racing class instead. Either way it's a weeks vacation time I need to plan for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187