VOI.9 Stone White Blue Stripe Coupe (Orders open May 1)

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Stage 1-2 upgrades" ..... the MoPar goodie options I have always thought were a good answer to 'what about the Z-06' questions. With a Stage One or Stage Two MoPar upgrade, you can add 25-50HP and lots of acceleration. If you select upgrades correctly, you will fear no one in a Z06.....

Dear John,

If that were only true..... With a simple computer tune ($500) and $300 intake the new Z06 is around 500 RWHP. It also weighs 250 less than the SRT and is geared more aggressively. God forbid a Z06 owner decides to toss in a cam/headers into that mix. Bottom line: Unless you're packing forced induction or a serious heads/cam package, fear the C6 Z06. It's hard to type that, but I'm not in denial. VIPER TEAM, IT'S TIME TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE OR GET 'OUT OF DODGE'!

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a sampling of what I found different about the rear end:

You must be registered for see images

-J

That is soooo not likely to be the case. The white coupe looks like an illustration, not a photo. This is often done in advertising with artists that can draw very close to photo quality (likely, since that color combo may not been built yet). If so, you're only looking an some artist's handy work -- not real changes to the car.

Hmmm....I don't know about that....looks like a photo to me. I'm a car designer, and we can usually tell when something is an illustration or a photo. I could be wrong, but I doubt its an illustration. And regarding the differences....I can't see it either...perspectively they all line up with the yellow one if you follow the perspective lines and vanishing points. :confused:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vipermann you can buy the exhaust, cam and intake tube have an air/fuel run done on a dyno and have your computer or an extra one reprogramed by Dan Cragin or others.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
vipermann you can buy the exhaust, cam and intake tube have an air/fuel run done on a dyno and have your computer or an extra one reprogramed by Dan Cragin or others.

Yes, but all I want is the ECU ... and one from Mopar wouldn't void the warrantee like the others (and there would be no need to switch back to stock, if going to a dealer - PIA)

OP
OP
Y

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And regarding the differences....I can't see it either...perspectively they all line up with the yellow one if you follow the perspective lines and vanishing points. :confused:

Really?

even the wrap around molding? on the white car it is basically perpendicular where it ends at the rear bumper while on the yellow car it is at a noticeable angle...

-J

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And regarding the differences....I can't see it either...perspectively they all line up with the yellow one if you follow the perspective lines and vanishing points. :confused:

Really?

even the wrap around molding? on the white car it is basically perpendicular where it ends at the rear bumper while on the yellow car it is at a noticeable angle...

-J
I see what you mean, but that's also because the pictures are from different angles. If you look at other SRT-C pictures from the same angle as the white one, they all seem "vertical".

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yep,

Pictures appear to be from different angles.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Mopar race engine controller on my SRT coupe and the air conditioner (and everything else) works fine. I also have the Mopar race exhaust (no cats) and have not had the check engine light come on. I don't have to do emissions testing for another 4 1/2 years but I expect it to pass (no sniff test in WA if the car is '96 or newer).

Bob K