VOI7 was Great! Thanks...

Jim Peffers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a great time at VOI 7; thanks to DC, Dodge, PVO, JRT Co., VCA, CAAP, and everyone else who made it possible. I can't think of any other auto manufacturer in the world who puts on a party even remotely like this. Think about it guys, it is really pretty amazing.
Some of the highlights for me were the Dodge Reception Saturday evening (The speakers and entertainment were outstanding; the tradition, the pagentry, ah yes, the corvette stomp!), the Wild Horse Saloon Friday night (I am told that I had a very good time), the tech seminars and especially driving the SRT10. I had gone to the SRT10 tech seminar, had read all I could find about it, had looked at it and sat in it, and finally got to drive it Sunday. I own a 97GTS and was using it as a baseline. I expected the SRT10 to perform about the same or possibly a little better - boy, was I wrong! The SRT10 exceeded all of my expectations, especially in braking. I was one of the last ones in my group, so the car and brakes were very hot (these cars had been hammered hard since early morning - it was now early afternoon) and it still performed flawlessly. I did 4 laps on the autocross track; the first two laps were relatively slow so I could get the "feel" of the car, the third lap was considerably stronger, and the fourth lap was hot. I did not do a hard launch (I know what a Viper can do) but I did do some hard cornering (it drifts very well and controllably) and hard braking (nothing short of amazing). Four laps are not really enough to become experienced with the car, but they were enough to show me the potential. What can I say; the Dodge boys and PVO have done an outstanding job.
Anyway, thanks again to everyone involved!
usa-clear-s.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to Dodge, VCA, PVO, and Daimler Chrysler and the zillions of folks who helped out.

Special thanks to the logistics masters who made sure anyone who wanted to driver an SRT-10 was able to!!!! Oh, ye of little faith, ha !!

Dodge exceeds our expectations!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh. I feel like an asp. Complained about not being able to drive the SRT, and, oh well, the rest is hisstory. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dodge!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte