VOI9 combined with Silver State Classic?

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silver State Classic is the weekend before VOI (Sept 14 - 17) and is in the same location. How many of you are considering doing both? I think at least 3 of us from Washington are going to go for it. It would be great to have a huge Viper contingent at this event. It is a fun event and I would encourage you to consider it. Check out their website at www.silverstateclassic.com

Bob K

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silver State Classic is the weekend before VOI (Sept 14 - 17) and is in the same location. How many of you are considering doing both? I think at least 3 of us from Washington are going to go for it. It would be great to have a huge Viper contingent at this event. It is a fun event and I would encourage you to consider it. Check out their website at www.silverstateclassic.com

Bob K

Wow.... could be a "huge fun" few weeks

Silver State Classic (Sept 14-17)

followed by:

VOI (Sept 24-28)

followed by:

Viper Days (Sept 30-Oct 1)

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to do both and leave my car with a friend in Las Vegas for the week in between. I've heard from others here in Calif. that they are planning to do the same.
I did their companion event, the Nevada Open Road Challenge, last May, planning on again this May and the did the Silver State last September - all great fun.
I wrote an article that should be in the next issue of Viper Magazine on the event for those interested.
David

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey ChrisSB,

A couple of Viper friends and I did the NORC last May and we're doing it again this May. We will be having a Viper dinner on Saturday night at the main hotel.

Nice to have a few Viper involved.

PM me if interested.

Dan

06red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i posted some info on this several months ago; the only thing i would add is that for first timers, you will will need a waiver to run the 145mph or 150mph class. You can usually get a waiver if you have run some viper day events or if you have an SCCA competition license. Otherwize you are going to be stuck in a 110 or 115 class and not much point in that.You can use a navigator if you wish and most participants are using a hand held garmen GPS for measuring average speed.remember, the 90 miles only takes about 33 minutes in the 145 class so i personally find the mass cruise up to ELY as much fun as the race it self.

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, first-timers are allowed to run in the 130mph class which gives you a tech speed of 165. I did this in '05 and thought it was a great experience. Next time I want to tech higher but would need to add a roll cage and fuel cell to do so. Still deciding on that. The 150mph class still has a tech speed of 165. I strongly advise a navigator to keep you on target.

Bob K

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i posted some info on this several months ago; the only thing i would add is that for first timers, you will will need a waiver to run the 145mph or 150mph class. You can usually get a waiver if you have run some viper day events or if you have an SCCA competition license. Otherwize you are going to be stuck in a 110 or 115 class and not much point in that.You can use a navigator if you wish and most participants are using a hand held garmen GPS for measuring average speed.remember, the 90 miles only takes about 33 minutes in the 145 class so i personally find the mass cruise up to ELY as much fun as the race it self.

I'd suggest going to Silver State Classic and hunt around for the rules. My first year (I've run 4 times) I was in the 130 mph class with a tech speed of 165. I'm not sure if the rules were different then but you can still ask for a waiver. Assuming you've been to a high speed event of some type I don't think it would be too difficult to up the speed a bit. I agree 110 in a viper is kinda pointless.

BTW
It takes exactly 36 minutes to run the 90 miles at 150 mph. It takes 37:14 to run it at 145 mph. To do the 90 miles in 33 minutes you would have to average somewhere between 160 and 165, I didn't bother to do the math.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Art:

Will we see you and Teri there this May?

We're going to VOI, but will do the Silverstate in May not September.

:( Sorry to say that we will be sitting this one out. I am starting a new business and that consumes both time and money. You've probably noticed I've been gone from Viper days as well. I must admit I've been having adrenalin withdrawals . If all works well I may be up and running again for the May 2007 event. That's my plan at least.

:2tu:

Melanzana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to do the Silver State standing mile King of the Hill race the weekend before the VOI. Would be great to see a big turnout of Vipers there!

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind that even at 110 this is still a challenge, you will get to do that for 90 miles continuous, no interruptions, no gas stops, no exit after 20-30 minutes for another session like a track day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang