VOI9 - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh no, wacko Pemberton is back to suggesting Salt Lake City. The new Miller Motorsports Park is being touted as the best track in the USA, and if you run off the track you just get the car dirty. Plus at over 4.5 miles it is the longest track in this grand old Country, and as such can be split in half with two groups running simultaneously. With drives in the Rockies , say through Park City, and beyond, there is no doubt we would be " The Convention" in town. They can do the Winter Olympics , so surely 1500 Viper owners would not overrun the facilities, and no I have not forgotten the Drag Racers, as there is also a NHRA sanctioned track there too.

:2tu:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Salt Lake Coty is another West coast site. Althought I would LOVE it I thing it's time to go back to the other coast or mid america somewhere.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm open to just about anywhere, just let's ensure it doesn't conflict with a Viper racing event. I realize the racing schedules are out of Dodge's control, but it would have have been nice to see the CC's at VOI.

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out a way to persuade Larry H. Miller (of Utah Jazz fame) to make a proposal to VCA to have a Viper event in Salt Lake City. There is a great new race track, and the announcers for a recent ALMS race said the facility was "superior" in virtually all respects. Little America hotel could accommodate a crowd, the Salt Place is an easy walk from the hotel, and while the raceway doesn't have a drag strip, there is one at another track not many miles away. The surrounding area has more "scenic drives" than one can readily count. I'm a Utah Viper owner, and there are others around the state that might really get excited about having something here.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone will aggree that Utah is a great place, but on a national map that might as well be the exact same place as VOI9.

It's time to move it back to the east or south and let's hope that VOI 11 or 12 happens and that they think about Utah then.

Snk Btn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Orlando was the second choice for VOI 9. They were going to use Sebring for the road course but Daytona is only an hour outside of Orlando as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed for VOI 10.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Orlando and Indy have already been done. Of course, this was the 2nd time for Vegas, but Vegas was definitely worth doing again. :cool:

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect Detroit for VOI10, and Orlando for VOI11 (if we go that far).

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure Detroit would ever happen again, as I would bet that almost no one would go except the presidents, those that live nearby, and the people that have been to all or almost all VOIs and are trying to keep their record perfect. Orlando would attract more than Detroit, I'm sure. :cool:

For that matter, what location/venue appropriate for a VOI (resort hotel, nearby large racetrack, etc) nearer the east coast *would* be attractive to people? Only place I can think of would be around Orlando.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably true, though Detroit is more central and drive-accessible for more people than Orlando.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure Detroit would ever happen again, as I would bet that almost no one would go except the presidents, those that live nearby, and the people that have been to all or almost all VOIs and are trying to keep their record perfect. Orlando would attract more than Detroit, I'm sure. :cool:

For that matter, what location/venue appropriate for a VOI (resort hotel, nearby large racetrack, etc) nearer the east coast *would* be attractive to people? Only place I can think of would be around Orlando.

But it sure would be a great way to celebrate 10 events of Viperness :) I'm seriously planning to save up for an airplane ticket and the entire trip as there (hopefully) will only be one V(.O.I.)10 :headbang:
Might even fly to Calgary and continue from there with a Viper buddy and his 2 Vipers :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten