WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This video is definitely before my morning Red Bull. Went to the strip yesterday to test. Aquired great information. We felt our current combination was optimized but looked to improve in other areas. Pulled many 1.4 60 ft and learned a great deal about drag racing. We didn't change anything on the Stryker from last week except the plugs. It was a beautiful day with hardly anyone at the track.

9.51 @ 146.85
9.37 @ 147.99
9.44 @ 147.07
9.50 @ 146.37
9.49 @ 146.29

We now can make the changes from the data we aquired and hope there's another day left before it gets cold up here.

I think this video is funny and a little scary, it was my first of the day. I keep forgeting that green means go. Hey Ben Treynor if you catch this, I would say this is also definitely not the way to drag race!

Falling asleep behind the wheel !!!

Jr.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!

It would be coool to see some more runs inside the car at 9 seconds. I noticed the car learch to the left on gear change, does it ever feel like it will spin out?

:2tu:

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great reaction time!!! bout 4-5 seconds??

Kidding. Great runs.... SVS can make some power boy!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rephraze that: SVS is going to make me poor one day!

(if i can ever save enough for stage 3)

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS is coming to the VIper Drag Racing scene with a Powerful Statement! Incredible!!! especially for not being a "Drag Racer"! Hope to see that car competing in San Antonio Dec 7

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very consistent runs, great runs.
jr
When it went green it wasn't the shade of green that you wanted?
unbelievable everything that you have put that motor through and it is still that strong. You guy's know how to build great motors.

rohn
houston

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> Hey Ben Treynor if you catch this, I would say this is also definitely not the way to drag race!

LOL. Yah, you may want to work on that RT a bit before taking up bracket racing, Ron :) However, very nice results - that turbo + glide setup seems to be just the ticket for going quick & consistently.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG, very impressive and consistent times to boot. So this is the TT setup without NOS???

Same as the JH cars, but a few tenths quicker???

ps - you guys may want to take up drag racing instead of top speed. :D :2tu:

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!

It would be coool to see some more runs inside the car at 9 seconds. I noticed the car learch to the left on gear change, does it ever feel like it will spin out?

:2tu:

KepRight, actually I was staring at the rpm guage and then looked up and noticed I was headed for the middle of the track! I lifted on the gas, only had 1 hand on the wheel, got it straight and still ran a 9.5. That's why I was naming the post WAKE UP! Luckily everything went smooth on that 1st run and it definitely woke me up for the rest of the runs.

I will post some more of the runs as I'm trying to organize about 20 different clips from 2 week ends ago and this past weekend.

Out of the ten runs we have done with the 2 speed it was only my lack of attention that was the problem. Otherwise every other run was straight as an arrow and was like going out for groceries.

rephraze that: SVS is going to make me poor one day!

(if i can ever save enough for stage 3)

Man, I don’t want to put anyone in the poor house! Tell me the system you would like and I’m sure it would leave you with enough to by a tank of gas! ;)

Jr.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JR - what kind of rpm do you turn with the powerglide - that motor really sounds strong!! I take it you are running the stock 3.07:1? to get the top end?

I've watched the clip a few times now - I bet that run was better than any cup of coffee to wake up to :2tu: :D

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JR - what kind of rpm do you turn with the powerglide - that motor really sounds strong!! I take it you are running the stock 3.07:1? to get the top end?

I've watched the clip a few times now - I bet that run was better than any cup of coffee to wake up to :2tu: :D

Well Torq as you know we are very open about alot of things that we do. Sometimes you can't let the cat out of the bag too early. So for now I can tell you that we are somewhere between a 2.72 and a 4.56 ;)

Jr. :usa: :usa: :usa:

Reaction score
SVS---Could you reveal the boost on that run and what the car makes at the rear wheels for that amount of boost on those runs. The reason I am asking is I am making the assumption with a Glide and boosted V-10 I think you should be able to hit low 9's pretty easily without NOS and even high 8's. Especially considering the torque curver and low 60's you can acquire with an auto. Maybe some 3:23 gears taller 28 inch tires, 4800 stall and a revlimiter of 6600. Just taking a guess.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS---Could you reveal the boost on that run and what the car makes at the rear wheels for that amount of boost on those runs. The reason I am asking is I am making the assumption with a Glide and boosted V-10 I think you should be able to hit low 9's pretty easily without NOS and even high 8's. Especially considering the torque curver and low 60's you can acquire with an auto. Maybe some 3:23 gears taller 28 inch tires, 4800 stall and a revlimiter of 6600. Just taking a guess.

We made about 6 pulls on a dyno jet and got nonconclusive #'s. So we have yet to get an accurate reading. We ran 10psi on the 9.416 @ 147.50 / 1.514 60ft. 2 weekends ago. Our last couple runs we had bumped the boost up to 12 psi, but didn't go any faster :confused: When we went this past weekend we took some boost out and started over. We thought the weather is going to be much nicer and we will get more grip so we started back at around 10 psi. We ran all day and I posted the numbers above that we accomplished. I improved on my 60ft. down to a best of a 1.41(not bad for a yankee huh? :2tu: ) We thought we could add boost and improve maybe a couple tenths and squeeze out a high 8. Didn't happen. The best was a 9.375 @ 147.99.(we bumped up the boost from 10psi right after this run) We had many pow wows and many ears and mouths were smoking with ideas. We think we have a fix to accomplish what we are going after, but i'm not telling what our combination is yet. ;)

Drag racing is a whole different animal and we are making changes that suit our information gathering. This will be our 3rd serious attempt at dragracing and the track will give us our answer.

DRC you stated that you rode with my father in our TT at the Viper Days finals in Texas. He told me who he gave rides to. I'm curious who you are? Or if your not telling, then I can assume it is one of the 2 people that my father mentioned. :cool:

Jr :usa:

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very consistent runs, great runs.
jr
When it went green it wasn't the shade of green that you wanted?
unbelievable everything that you have put that motor through and it is still that strong. You guy's know how to build great motors.

rohn
houston

Hey Rohn,

Thanks for the great comments that make everyone laugh over here. :D
Very creative in the humor department. Hope to meet at an event sometime to do a little after racing joke slinging. :cool:

Jr.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, that is funny as hell! Just curious - what were you waiting for? lol

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our last couple runs we had bumped the boost up to 12 psi, but didn't go any faster :confused:

What rev are you hitting across the finish line? What about a 3 speed trans? What does she run with the 6 speed? I know the 5 speed conversion puts more ponies to the ground.

Reaction score
The ride I am speaking of was a few years back. It was nice having the tires light up going into 4th. PM sometime and maybe I can help with the goal of lowering your time. Hope you come to Texas and race.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our last couple runs we had bumped the boost up to 12 psi, but didn't go any faster :confused:

What rev are you hitting across the finish line? What about a 3 speed trans? What does she run with the 6 speed? I know the 5 speed conversion puts more ponies to the ground.

Once we accomplish what we are going after I will post more details on the rpm, gearing, etc. Then we need to go to the dyno and get conclusive results. Looking to get on a mustang 1700 hp dyno. As far as the 6 speed goes we will test with it after we are done with the 2 speed. Only 2 more weekends for test and tune up here. :shocked: C'mon weather!

Vids didn't turn out so great this time, but here's some more to chew on. Need to have some light inside the car to balance inside and outside levels for clearer video. Trying to organize all the vids but to much action going on over here.

This one is 10 mb and a little long but I justed wanted to show the temps at the end of the run. At the end the temp would be 198-200. By the time I drove to the pits it would settle back down to 182. Every run. Have great data from all runs and very impressive results. Be patient the sun will light up the Motec ADL on the return road. Track temps were 65-70 degrees. When we did the mile in Nebraska it was 90 degrees and it would act the same, maybe 5-10 degrees warmer at the end of the run but would drop right back down to 185-190 by the time I parked the car and waited to restage. Consistently.

I know, the fuel pump is still annoying but just imagine how quiet the car would be just by eliminating that excessive whine! :D

I went out and bought some rubber candles that I light every night, just to keep that interior burning rubber smell alive!

Very controllable temperatures

Jr.