Wanted--Roe supercharger pics

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I need a winter project and I would like to buy A Roe SuperCharger.​
I have a 97 red and white GTS and would like some input on what the best looking combination would be. Any do's and don'ts from experiences will help.I've used
the search button to research but would like to see any new Ideas.
Thanks in advance for the replys this is a big deal for me:D

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Roe was already installed when I bought the car. Here's a couple of pics. I may eventually have the intake tubes and fuel rails powdercoated with some different colors.

You must be registered for see images

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the FUN part.... :D

I have a Gen I w/ no A/C so mine is a little different set-up then yours...

I would also highly recommend getting an oil catch can and having the car tuned as soon as possible after installation. (I gained nearly 50 extra rwhp just from tuning)

Last edited:

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is mine

some things i would highly recommend is to replace the power steering pulley bracket with the billet one from Davesbigbrakes.com. Get an oil catch can from one of the sponsors here (i have a PBJ one). Get a wideband 02 unit.

IMG_3735.JPG

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine. It's been powder coated candy red. It looks better with silver/polished valve covers.

And oh, BTW it's for sale....

532CIMG0935.JPG

OP
OP
V

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the responses. Few questions----Oil catch can and billet power steering bracket mentioned by Mccarlin. Billet bracket is self explained but the oil catch can where is it hooked to and where is the best mounting place. I also noticed that the VEC boxes were mounted in different places , anyone better than the other.
Again thanks for the responses this site makes Viper ownership the greatest.
Simms your air box looks killer from the front as well as your engine.
Mccarlin your engine looks great.
Knight viper and redenuf93 Your changing my mind I thought I would like the red and chrome look but I like the chrome look with the red lettering.
Viperchick12 thanks for your pictures yours was what I was thinking at first.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
question.. why would people put Roes on their cars, but not headers...? noticed a few of them. I'm envious either way, but just curious :)

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
question.. why would people put Roes on their cars, but not headers...? noticed a few of them. I'm envious either way, but just curious :)

I'm not sure about the others in this post, but I'm running B&B headers with the factory heat sheilds still in place. Is that why you thought some had stock manifolds/headers?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the others in this post, but I'm running B&B headers with the factory heat sheilds still in place. Is that why you thought some had stock manifolds/headers?
Mine has Belangers that are covered by the factory heat shields. :cool:

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

simple, there are 2 reasons i can think of right off the top...

1. The cost per HR ratio for headers on these cars is horrible. Headers are $1500+ in cost for a gain of 15-20hp in most cases. I'd rather put the money elsewhere for real gains.
2. Headers make the car very very loud. Granted i have full exhaust and no cats and its loud but comparable cars with headers sound twice as loud. :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first Viper had 598rwhp/644rwtq with stock headers. My '01 has Edelbrock headers, no heat shields and a ton of other parts.

I have to agree with Mccarlin's reasons. Headers are expensive and loud. Often they get purchased later or not at all.

Kind of like the spark plug heat shields. Expensive, but not any huge gains.

Ted

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my bad... hehe.. i assumed the ones with the heat shields were factory... :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960