Wanted: S&B filters, where to buy?

Pryme

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking for the best deal on a set of new S&B filters for my 95.

Where should I buy these from? herd they flow better then the K&N?

Thanks.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
While I appreciate the referral, the last time I checked S+B website it does not show any SAE rated filters for ANY V-10 motor. Jut becasue it coincidenly fits does not mean it was constructed to handle 8+ liters of 'suction' at 6000 rpm. 'Looser Fit' is not a criteria. "Rated" filters are important, for protection and for warranty issues alone. KN has a $4 mil liability policy should a filter fail and damage a motor.

The engine group at Team Viper has truly debated long and ******* the merits and cons of hi-flow-filters. One of their past heads was/is very vocal in NOT LIKING the higher-flow, becase it factually lets in more abrasives. YOU MUST MAINTAIN YOUR OILED FILTERS!! You should have TWO SETS, and SWAP THEM at every other oil change, or more often in sandy-dusty areas. Let the oil set up and get tacky before install.

Dodge chose KN or Green for their ACR and Oreca race events, so we recommend and carry those brands. THANKS !

OP
OP
P

Pryme

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While I appreciate the referral, the last time I checked S+B website it does not show any SAE rated filters for ANY V-10 motor. Jut becasue it coincidenly fits does not mean it was constructed to handle 8+ liters of 'suction' at 6000 rpm. 'Looser Fit' is not a criteria. "Rated" filters are important, for protection and for warranty issues alone. KN has a $4 mil liability policy should a filter fail and damage a motor.

The engine group at Team Viper has truly debated long and ******* the merits and cons of hi-flow-filters. One of their past heads was/is very vocal in NOT LIKING the higher-flow, becase it factually lets in more abrasives. YOU MUST MAINTAIN YOUR OILED FILTERS!! You should have TWO SETS, and SWAP THEM at every other oil change, or more often in sandy-dusty areas. Let the oil set up and get tacky before install.

Dodge chose KN or Green for their ACR and Oreca race events, so we recommend and carry those brands. THANKS !

What is this "green" brand? so K&N is what I should go with then, the S&B is not really made for the viper it just happens to fit?

The K&N type filters need oil?

I need new filters, so whatever you guys recommend I will get! The car has old stock ones now, so I need new ones asap.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....What is this "green" brand? so K&N is what I should go with then, the S&B is not really made for the viper it just happens to fit?

The K&N type filters need oil?

I need new filters, so whatever you guys recommend I will get! The car has old stock ones now, so I need new ones asap....

Greens are made for GTS-R and SRT10. KNs for your Gen 1 or 2 or 3. A drop of oil or atf on the old intake housing of G1 ensures an easier fit. KNs need an oil mist, KN says 50k miles, I say 10k. {Butt i'm a fussy, opinionated pri**!)

Regarding S+B applicability, I have NOT looked at their website for several mos. Check it for yourself if they offer filters rated for your year Viper or any Ram V10. The last I looked, they did NOT, but the fit dimensions were good......

If all you want is MAX FLOW, zip-tie a piece of cheesecloth over the throttle body....if you want good flow+particulate protection, maintain your KNs and change oil religiously.

PRINC

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pryme

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How does one mist the filters with oil?

How often do you guys all change your fuel filters btw? my car has 45k on the clock, not sure if its been done or not, should I do that as well?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does one mist the filters with oil?

How often do you guys all change your fuel filters btw? my car has 45k on the clock, not sure if its been done or not, should I do that as well?

Buy the K&N oil in the aerosol can. From K&N's web site.

Part Number... 99-0516 - Air Filter Oil - 12.25oz - Aerosol

Last time I bought it was $9.06 a can plus $3.00 shipping for 4 cans.

On the fuel filter... Quality fuel, not living in a sand storm, never... Just my opinion, which will likely get challenged!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery