Warranty Issues update

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,
I seldom post 'cuz I figure my son Jon probably makes up for it with his "objective views":bonker:.

Last time I was on I was asking about issues with the battery drain. I finally got around to taking it in to the dealer (unmentionable) and they found the amplifier was cooked. Apparently it kept drawing juice even after shutting the car down, so that virtually overnight the battery was dead. I had hobbled along by yanking the 20 amp fuse when not running.

The service performed was less then stellar as the top was secured back after the amplifier work, with the passenger side locating pin resting out of its hole: which explained the nice breeze coming into the car. Didn't notice the cause until I got back to work. It had to take some force to lock the top at an angle like that and you'd think they would realize it. The other issue I had with the car was never addressed. I've been there on two other occasions to have them check out the rear end issue that Jon, being more aware of the character of the car, also discussed with them. I got the distinct impression the issue was never investigated.

I had also complained about the mold strip running across the top of the door which appears to have been buggered up when the speaker was replaced way back when I (Jon really) got the car. I realize the service department deals with a lot of ******** by customers and so a little bullcrap is expected. However, when someone tells me that they took a little bit of heat across it and it straightened out but it came back because of the cold, then I know the s..t is flying:lmao:. That strip is backed with metal and there's no damn way the supposed treatment would have done that.

I most certainly will buy one of these again, well sort of, since Jon bought this one. However, it ain't gonna be at this location:nono:.
As such, I need to find another dealer North of the Atlanta area for future repairs. I travel from here to the Hickory area in NC, every couple of weeks (explains the 47Kmiles on the car). I'd like to find something along interstate 85. My preferences would be the Greenville-Spartanburg and Charlotte area.
Max

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
M & L Chrysler Jeep Dodge Incorporated

(336) 248-5191
406 Piedmont Dr, Lexington, NC 27295
not far off 85 east of Hickory
ask for John Cole and tell him Jeff Eimicke sent you. Bought many cars from him.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used them as well and were alright.

So Jon got you that car, but not a Carolinas VCA membership?!

OP
OP
V

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
slaughterj
Yah, he did for the first year: I'm traveling back and forth to the Atlanta area and unfortunately too wrapped up with biz to renew the membership in NC or GA.
The Lexington dealership is a bit far, but the present one here has exceeded my patience to consider going back to again, so they may be my only choice unless someone else suggests something closer.
Thanks