Warranty question

RTScott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am the third owner of a 2002 RT/10 with 6,356 original miles. The vehicle has active 7/60,000 Maximum Care, as well as 7/100,000 Extended Limited Powertrain warranties. The first owner apparently did not cancel the warranties nor were they transferred to the second owner. I have confirmed that they are active with DaimlerChrysler. I was informed that since I am the third owner that the warranties cannot be conveyed to me. Looking for confirmation from anyone out there?

v/r

Scott

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott,
Welcome to the site. Your best bet for the straight scoop on all things Dodge warranty is to call Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge: 914-763-3136. Chuck owns the nations oldest Family-owned Dodge dealership in the country, and he's been working on Vipers since Jesus was a private....or longer. He won't steer you wrong.

Two things for ya...

1. Put your VIN number in your profile here on the site (only you and the site admins will be able to see it) and shoot a PM to Lee00BlackSilverGTS asking him to change your title from "Enthusiast" to "Viper Owner".

2. Join the Viper Club of America!! The club does some really cool stuff, and we have a great regional chapter here in VA/MD. Hope to see you 'round the events this year!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for a fact, the warranty can only be transfered once. Since it was never transfered, you may have shot. Call Tator or read the copy of the service agreement for more information.

OP
OP
R

RTScott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. Have talked to Chuck. Great guy! I may be stuck though as the "third" owner. ChryslerDaimler indicated the warranty could not be transfered for that reason. It's a shame as the second owner was not even aware that the two extended warranties existed. I'm not giving up though. I have joined the VCA and am waiting on the mail. Looking forward to meeting everyone. not sure how many club members are in the Southern Maryland area. I'll message Lee ref chaning my profile to "owner".

Scott

OP
OP
R

RTScott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper John,

I don't have a copy of the original service contract. I'd bet the original owner either has it or discarded it when he sold or traded-in the car. It was never presented, for some reason, to the second owner. Thanks for the reply.

Scott

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for a fact, the warranty can only be transfered once. Since it was never transfered, you may have shot. Call Tator or read the copy of the service agreement for more information.

Scott called me this afternoon about this, my opinion is the same. If it is transferrable once and it's never been done then I don't know why it would make any difference how many owners. But it might be another rule that says only second owner. He ought to take another shot and have Chuck try and do it.