Washing car: Sparkling or flavored water?

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife thinks this is a funny story so I'm posting it. After a 2100 mile trip across country through rainstorm, grime and bugs, you can imagine what a car looks like. I knew it would, but I always assumed a local car wash would provide the cure. All of us here know that drive through car washes are out of the question so my plan was to simply find a quarter car wash. As it turned out, nobody knows of one in Vegas! The viper club did recommend two places that will do a hand wash but both were closed until the following day after the scheduled time for the car to go into the hotel ball room.

What to do? No hose? Somewhere? Something? The parking garage is filled with dirty vipers but all had the ability to wait for a solution.

With no other choice I headed up to the parking garage late last night with some bottled water and hotel wash cloths. I'm sure I looked like a complete dork washing down the major grim from a cross country trip. The parking lot security guys looked at me as if I though I was some sort of midnight viper wash fairy with a goal to have all cars clean before people awoke.

In the end, the bulk of disaster was removed and I was able to get more detailing done inside the ball room the next morning so the car does look presentable.

I wonder how much the hotel will be charging me for the missing cloths....

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, the luck you've had on this trip would make a perfect sequel to National Lampoons: Vegas Vacation :D

Part 1 had the McViper
Part 2 can have the Street Serpent :2tu:

I've used hotel towels before and I always just put them back in the pile with my old towels and they've never said anything about it. If they do, just shrug your shoulders and say "I was really dirty before I took that shower" :)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In that situation I normally just use the hotels hose, a small bottle of shampoo and some old towels they will normally provide. But I’ve done it before

Ask Chuck, I’ll wash my car the day before a track event at Sebring in the hotet parking lot :bonker:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte