Watch out, I was followed home!

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to let you know about what happened to me the other night, be careful!

Was driving home about 11 pm and as I got into my city, I was aware a car was following closely. This is nothing odd (only in the 30 mph limit roads though!) as people want to look at the Viper, drive along with it as if they are a part of it, etc. I'm always very security conscious, (despite the car, also being a lone female) I just had an uncomfortable feeling. So, didn't signal until late etc, and yet still the car followed. Pulled off into my road but passed my gates and back out onto the original main road, car still with me confirming I was being tailed as I did a few loop circuits of other roads. I began to get concerned, and so pulled into a closed, unlit gas station. The car started to pull in, but hesitated. I donutted from a standstill throug 180 to face them (the two men looked a little startled!). Then before they had a chance to turn around, I got out of there, taking a back way home into my road. Killed my lights, and pulled into my drive, and around the back of the house. Just locking the gates when the tailing car appered in my road, I ran after it to get it's licence plate, put it speed away. Was just about to put Viper away in the garage and the car returned and parked up several houses down from mine, with the 2 males, watching my house. I called the cops for fear of my Vipers safety, they came out, but the men fed them a story about returning to their car from a girl friends. The cops could do nothing, they weren't doing anything wrong at the time, parking in the road, and had to let them go. They later returned, sped up and down my road, and the next day the car was abandoned. My shotgun came out the cabnet that night, and I was so twitchy I was worried I'd have shot at my shadow!

So just be careful out there, look out for your snakes sake.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't tell any one you have a weapon to protect yourself! Some liberal pansy will fly over there to take it from you.

There's probably an organization led by actors and actresses funded by charity to pay for the airline ticket.

BEWARE

Glad your okay. Remember seeing you at VOI7, but didn't have a chance to meet. Maybe next time. Leave the shotgun home though ;-)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would call the cops back, the same lame cops that talked to them, and find out what info the took down from these two criminals. That's one reason I like Alabama, carry a gun legally if I feel threatened.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I'm not sure I would have pulled into an unlighted, closed gas station. I think I would have headed for the police station and parked in front of it. A similar thing happened to my wife several years ago ( I think she had given them the finger which she tended to do quite often - but not anymore). At any event she drove straight to the police station and the pursuers left. Too many crazy people out there these days.
In the future don't drive to your house. Use your cell phone, call the cops and arrange to meet them somewhere.
Bob K

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wow!!!! Sorry to hear about that, Nadine.

Like Bob K said above, don't ever let them find out where you live, because then they know where you and your car can be found later. (Sorry to say that)

Did the cops take down any info? Sounds like they were definitely stealing cars that night. Maybe the cops could run the prints in the car, and hopefully they have a record, and maybe there is a way to put 'em away from their files. I'll say a prayer for ya.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow!
a donut to spin around and face them!! NICE!
I have one a incident as well.
Coming home noticed a car behind me daylight 10 am no worries.
pull into my garage. Garage door still open.
gather up my purchases (donuts)
and open the door and there is a guy (16 yr old kid) standing right there at my driverside
quarterpanel!! :eek:
he scared the **** out of me!!

He was in my garage.
I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING!
what do you want ? he was drooling, not over the donuts, the car.
I was like don't do that again or i will have to shoot and then back over you
with your dreamcar!
he asked if he could bring his little GF back. i did say yes. because he was just a kid
but he never returned.
must have notice after the fact he was not thinking and could have gotten hurt.

Nadine glad your okay. Becareful out there!
JIM :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad you don't live in Texas........shoot 'em then drag them onto your property.

I thought y'all dragged them out into the desert? We cut them up and dump them in the Everglades for the gators, it's better than dropping them in the ocean!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi ***
Typical waste of space,useless,donut eating tossers...........
But if they done a plate check probably not theres and if you had done somthing youself they would have done you..

Sam had a head on crash last tuesday other car on wrong side of the road ,
Car behind Sam was a POLICE car and they said could not be witness or put position of cars in wrighting for insurane company Did not breathalise other person or any thing ..

SO WHAT IS THE POINT IN HAVEING POLICE OFFICERS WHEN THEY DO FUC% ALL!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's posse time. Grape will block 'em, Chuck will rope 'em and we'll drag them onto my property here in Texas... And that's just the cops.

Keep that cell phone handy Nadine. And that goes for all of us regardless of gender. These cars attract attention and not always the kind one enjoys. If you can't see the bottom of the tires of the car in front of you when stopped in traffic then you are too close, leave a little wiggle room for emergencies. Pull a bit to the left (right for our friends in G.B.)to see in front of the car forward of you while stopped in traffic. Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes! Shotgun!! I thought it was illegal to own a gun unless you were a farmer in England... correct me if I'm wrong? Glad your ok though, what a couple of loosers..

Gerald

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're OK Nadine. Probably just a couple of lowlife scumbags looking for a cheap thrill; unfortunately at your expense. I wouldn't worry too much going forward but would exercise more cautious behavior as a rule. Being female constitutes special concern and precautions. The Viper further exacerbates the issue.

I am always fully dressed when I'm in the Viper. Legal and registered ownership in combination with a carry permit is a beautiful thing. Would hate for the day to come when I had to use it, but ..... Too bad you've got so many left wing tight a$$es in the UK. The left is ruining the friggen world.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The police had a stolen car with two bad guys, and let them go. Stolen? You said the car was abandoned later, so it had to be, right?

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like you'll have a "OO" welcome for them if they come unannounced. Glad to hear you are OK!

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"NJ" I have awaiting some special "00"s ;) !

The Police don't seem to bother much with car related crime anymore. Apparently, they are copying another cars license number registered to a similar car, for which they know the home address for where it's parked at. On police radio check all seems OK.

I did phone the Cops back, they just don't have the man power or motivation to sort the paper work. Most criminals get free legal aid in court to help get them off anyway. :mad:

I get a little paranoid of my Beloveds security. But, when I spun around to face them in that unlit gas station, after a roar from Supercharged WOT and then full headlights, they froze like they were about to be eaten alive!

Gerald, guns are illegal in the UK, but my Dad has a farm, hence I have a choice of 6 personal methods of vermin control!

Paul, good advice. Jim, phew, if anyone followed me into my garage, I'd be sure to freak out, gee that's holy ground! :shocked:

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize how much I live in Mayberry RFD.

If I turned around and looked at the guys I'd probably recognize them and the police would probably know them.

If anything happened after that it wouldn't take a genius to figure out the crime.

When you live in a relatively isolated area, with a population that doesn't move much, and there are no trees to hide behind, its pretty easy to solve crimes.

There was a jewelry store heist here. The guys drove about 90 miles away before disposing of the incriminating evidence in a dumpster. Of course there's some old retired farmer that's been staring at that dumpster for the last 10 years and has never seen 3 city people just drive up and toss stuff in. He called the Highway patrol who arrested them 10 minutes later.

I grew up in Houston. It was not the case there. Interesting the only people there who followed me around were police.

If what happened to you happened in Houston I would be very concerned.

I'm glad you're okay.

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine!!!! WOWWWWWWW :eek:

"NJ" I have awaiting some special "00"s ;) !

The Police don't seem to bother much with car related crime anymore. Apparently, they are copying another cars license number registered to a similar car, for which they know the home address for where it's parked at. On police radio check all seems OK.

I did phone the Cops back, they just don't have the man power or motivation to sort the paper work. Most criminals get free legal aid in court to help get them off anyway. :mad:

I get a little paranoid of my Beloveds security. But, when I spun around to face them in that unlit gas station, after a roar from Supercharged WOT and then full headlights, they froze like they were about to be eaten alive!

Gerald, guns are illegal in the UK, but my Dad has a farm, hence I have a choice of 6 personal methods of vermin control!

Paul, good advice. Jim, phew, if anyone followed me into my garage, I'd be sure to freak out, gee that's holy ground! :shocked:

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine - sorry to hear that there are wankers everywhere. Seems to me to be less in the UK per capita (maybe they are just harder to recognize for a foreigner). I hate cities and yet I felt totally comfortable taking a shortcut through the wooly parts of Soho at midnight (needed to get to the blue line.) I did see some interesting sights to be sure, but no one bothered me at all.

Have you considered alarming the garage just in case? Who knows what some waste-of-skin might be thinking? It is hard to believe that the joy riding punk-types possess the mental capacity to be patient enough to come back and get your car. I guess we do have to bother after the statistical outiers in this population too though.

Glad you are safe.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep my windows dark on all my cars

1) so when i drive in bad areas no one knows whats behind the glass (BLAM)
2) to keep my super model girl friend from being stared at
3) to keep being pulled over by chippies for entertainment

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine:
OPTIONS:
1.) There are also non-lethal devices you can purchase (i.e. - pepper spray, very high intensity handheld lights that plug into a cigarette lighter, etc) you may consider.

2.) There are also "panic alarms" you can get that when activated by your handheld remote will sound like World War III.

3.) Keep beeping the horn

4.) This will sound funny, but it worked for a female friend of mine. Don't yell "****"...yell "FIRE" and watch how many people will come running to your aid!!!

5.) Also, carry a portable camera or camcoder in the car to
capture a car with license plate and/or someone's face. indisputable evidence.

6.) NEVER go home because they may follow you. If possible, drive to a very public, well lighted area or better yet a police station.

Good luck and be safe!!

Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960