Weather Willow Springs Sat and Sun

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better bring a parka!!!!!!

Saturday NO RAIN!! temps 32 low 58 high (high means form 1130 am to 1300) then it gets cold again

Sunday RAIN temps 29 low 51 high (could it snow in the morning?)

I was watching the weather channel this morning and It showed no rain all weekend the storm is suppose to hit on Monday. I will keep checking.

Bring CHAP STICK. I was there yesterday and I have a new set of Lips!!!!!!

Look forward to meeting everyone this weekend

OP
OP
S

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not the cold...I can live with that its the WINDS that will chill you to the bone and tear your lips apart!!

Especially in turn 2 at the exit the wind hits you right in the side and wants to blow you off track!!!!!

Thats always fun!!!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, you gonna be there on Friday for test & tune? I'm gonna show up at noon for the afternoon session, if you're there I wanna a ride.

Now my "rookie" question, with the air temps down there the track will be cold, how much does this effect traction? Will I still be able to go at it like it was 80 degrees or will there be noticable slip?

OP
OP
S

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Run your tire psi at 34 in front and 30 in the rear that seemed to be the best traction for a colder track. Also I noticed the car pushes more when its cold so trail braking becomes more important when in turns. In the morning I noticed that the track was a little slicker. Once the sun hits the track it starts to warm up. Just be easy the first couple of laps get everything warmed up then you can open her up!!!!

I will be there about 7pm Have to wait for my son to get out of school.

See Ya

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is another great thing about Viper Days, over most clubs. This is also a great way to get instruction and even ride with more experienced drivers.

OP
OP
S

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand you sign a waiver and pay 5 bucks and then you can ride.... check the Viperdays talk to Courtney. She should have all the answers.

Remember you need a helmet, long sleeve shirt and long pants not sure about gloves. (I dont think anyone will be wearing shorts.)LOL

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It definitely gets cold there. Last time I was there (Dec), there was a sheet of ice on top of the car in the morning. I had a heavy jacket at the track and the wind cut right through it. Drove with the heat on and it helped a bit. But when I was in the pits, I put on the jacket and gloves and sat in the car to stay warm.