weird blower/fan question no low or med only high

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok if I turn my fan on in the car it doesn't actually turn on until its at the 3rd/final notch. Like there is supposed to be a low med and high and mine only works on high and I have tried on every setting left or right of off. does anyone have this problem?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Only you. Special 1 of 1 build. ;)

Really though, the 2 likely culprits are the switch itself in the dash or the resistor block near the blower. That is the easier of the 2 to check - the resistor block.

Do you have the factory wiring diagram on your car?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the power to the fan is 100% unless it is routed through a resistor to slow it down. Therefore I would guess the medium and slow speeds aren't working because the resistors are now producing "infinite" ohms and so the resulting speed is "zero."

Wrong model year, but you'll get the idea.
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/626544-blower-motor-resistor.html

I looked at my wiring for my '01 and it looks like a bad resistor block would be full power on speed 3 and none on speeds 1 or 2.

OP
OP

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't have my manual here btu isn't there a relay in the fuse block for that fan or its just the block on the actual side of the blower?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21