Weird Question

ViperCLKGTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's a little bit of a weird question but all help would be deeeply appreciated! I would like to know the distance from the front of the driver's seat to the steering wheel? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
V

ViperCLKGTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Gen. 1 or Gen. 2 would be fine, I thought interior wise they were all almost the same interior dimensions?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know it's a little bit of a weird question but all help would be deeeply appreciated! I would like to know the distance from the front of the driver's seat to the steering wheel? Thanks in advance!

Any Gen. 1 or Gen. 2 would be fine, I thought interior wise they were all almost the same interior dimensions?

The distance from the front of a seat cushion to the TILTED steering wheel will vary depending on the tilt of the wheel, the seat track position fore-aft, and even the rake of the seatback if it impedes the seat from full-aft travel.

I have a side-by-side G1 and G2 here, but dont quite understand the measurement you seek. Technically, the distance as you describe will probbly be a slanted line, up to the bottom edge of the wheel. ?? like this:

O
....\ _____/

Last edited:

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is he wants to know if his girth is not too large so that he can get in and drive a Viper! Am I right?
PAVenomRT/10:drive:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My guess is he wants to know if his girth is not too large so that he can get in and drive a Viper! Am I right?

Hmmm... with a tilt wheel in all Gens, the UP position should clear a giant!

True Story: At our first Pac-NW Viper Club event (before VCA) we had 5 cars. A Dr. there commented that he wish he had the "tilt-wheel option" in his '93, becasue his steering wheel was positioned too high !!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I "Installed" a tilt wheel for him in 10 seconds, and held out my hand for $200........... No Luck....but made a friend!

OP
OP
V

ViperCLKGTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a lot of factors I didn't even think about lol :bonker:

With the seat as far back as it can go, and the wheel in a vertical position how far is it :drive:

I feel like Peter Griffin now!

True Story: At our first Pac-NW Viper Club event (before VCA) we had 5 cars. A Dr. there commented that he wish he had the "tilt-wheel option" in his '93, becasue his steering wheel was positioned too high !!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I "Installed" a tilt wheel for him in 10 seconds, and held out my hand for $200........... No Luck....but made a friend!

HaHa JonB with your rep I thought you would be the last person to be shadey! just jokin

Last edited:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL - Well at least he's honest: it IS a weird question. :D

My Viper's a half mile away right now or I'd give you a measurement.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

OK, mission accomplished.....let the deeep appreciation begin:

Seats full back.
Seats empty of my 240 lbs
Steering wheels tilted full-up

"Thigh Gap" wheel to seat Gen 1: 9.0"

The same gap for Gen 2 is 8.5"

This due to the more plush front seat cushions on G2.

While I was at it, I measured G3-4: 7.5" ....the steering wheel mechanism just does not go as high as the older "Saginaw" tilt units. And the "angle" is verticle! No slant like G1-2

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperCLKGTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, mission accomplished.....let the deeep appreciation begin:

Seats full back.
Seats empty of my 240 lbs
Steering wheels tilted full-up

"Thigh Gap" wheel to seat Gen 1: 9.0"

The same gap for Gen 2 is 8.5"

This due to the more plush front seat cushions on G2.

While I was at it, I measured G3-4: 7.5" ....the steering wheel mechanism just does not go as high as the older "Saginaw" tilt units. And the "angle" is verticle! No slant like G1-2

Thanks JonB but I was talkin about from the back of the seat, I have abnormally long arms for my height and I wanna see how cramped I'd be in the drivers seat