Well Broke My Ankle Day After VOI

Reaction score
Well with all King's bad news he's giving us from Dallas. Felt I needed to post mine also. Well I broke my ankle Monday afternoon stepping out of the back of my truck. All this rain we got the ground is just soggy as hell!! I may have to have surgery, but will know for sure on the 11th of this month. Wish me luck!!

P.S. I got good pain pills though
wink.gif

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

Sorry to hear the bad news - that had to hurt!!!

I might be in town in a month or so for the Texans/Titan's game. Maybe we can grab a beer.

Anthony

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason-Middle Tennessee:

P.S. I got good pain pills though
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good pain pills...hmmm?
laugh.gif

Jason, so sorry to hear about that
frown.gif
That is extremely painful. I hope you are not too uncomfortable, rest and just take it easy.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony - 98 GTS:
Jason,

Sorry to hear the bad news - that had to hurt!!!

I might be in town in a month or so for the Texans/Titan's game. Maybe we can grab a beer.

Anthony

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a plan. I have PSL's so shoot me a e-mail sometime.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 'VIPERESS':
Good pain pills...hmmm?
laugh.gif

Jason, so sorry to hear about that
frown.gif
That is extremely painful. I hope you are not too uncomfortable, rest and just take it easy.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pain pills are top notch.
laugh.gif

Would be a lot better if you was here.
wink.gif

Thanks for all the kind words!

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GASDOC:
That's a bummer,if you have surgery at Vanderbilt,let me know and I'll make sure you get some extra good gas.Maybe some Nitrous Oxide,I just need to check with the boys in Houston too see how much I can spray into you before you blow a gasket somewhere.Guess what,I got a speeding ticket driving down I-840 on Monday AM for the ViperDays event at the Nashville Speedway,now That's a Bummer.Looks like a wasted day in court and another in traffic school in Franklin are in my future.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a plan Hani. How fast were you going and did the State get you or a local?

Tell Niki see can wish me well on 102.9 tonight.
wink.gif

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll let Nikki know,but I don't think she is ON tonight.
It was a State Trooper in Franklin,he said he got me going 90 in a 70(Funny how it's always a nice round #,never 91 or 89).But he did me a "favor" and wrote me up at 85 so I can go to court and plead guilty,then Pay the court fee,the ticket fine,and for traffic school(I thought Skip Barber and Viper Days were enough schooling),so it won't go on my record.Its all a scam anyway ,all they care about is getting my $$$,but the nice trooper did tell me I had a nice car!!
wink.gif
and Viper days was a blast until it rained us out on Tuesday,and I only spun out once,whooo hooo!

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure you broke it? It must have happened with all that playing around with Prashant....
smile.gif

SW

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SW:
Are you sure you broke it? It must have happened with all that playing around with Prashant....
smile.gif

SW

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure SW. I thought I may have broke it at Wildhorse on Friday laughing my *** off at some guy with a cowboy hat on.... Didn't see that one coming did ya?
wink.gif

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ariel:
The things men will do to get out of a date with me (and my kid)(and my husband)!

When do you find out about surgery?

Wnna borrow my forearm crutch? I don't use it at all unless I'm doing lots of walking (like Opryland) and it's more comfortable than a crutch if they put you in something weight bearing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not getting out of the date Aerial. I'm still on for Saturday night as for everyone else too!! Just give me a call sometime to work out the details. Thanks

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GASDOC:
I'll let Nikki know,but I don't think she is ON tonight.
It was a State Trooper in Franklin,he said he got me going 90 in a 70(Funny how it's always a nice round #,never 91 or 89).But he did me a "favor" and wrote me up at 85 so I can go to court and plead guilty,then Pay the court fee,the ticket fine,and for traffic school(I thought Skip Barber and Viper Days were enough schooling),so it won't go on my record.Its all a scam anyway ,all they care about is getting my $$$,but the nice trooper did tell me I had a nice car!!
wink.gif
and Viper days was a blast until it rained us out on Tuesday,and I only spun out once,whooo hooo!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a call sometime to give me the Troopers name and badge number. I'll make a few calls to see if I can get you out of this one. Connections are great right Hani??

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least it was after VOI! I have only broken a bone once in my lifetime: I had put in ten years at Sprint and was subject to a layoff in 1997 (as was the entire division). On the day I was starting six months of paid R&R (before the economy tanked and jobs were plentiful), I also broke my ankle. Not exactly what I had planned!

Good luck, and good timing.

Chris

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a bummer,if you have surgery at Vanderbilt,let me know and I'll make sure you get some extra good gas.Maybe some Nitrous Oxide,I just need to check with the boys in Houston too see how much I can spray into you before you blow a gasket somewhere.Guess what,I got a speeding ticket driving down I-840 on Monday AM for the ViperDays event at the Nashville Speedway,now That's a Bummer.Looks like a wasted day in court and another in traffic school in Franklin are in my future.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see Jason.You got a broken ankle and you driving fast.So that would make speed your pain killer!
supergrin.gif
tongue.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good pain pills? All I ever got were those useless Tylenol 3s. Had to wash them down with a couple beers for them to have any affect at all.

Sorry about your ankle. Broken bones hurt. Get well soon.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
I guess you won't be able to stand on my wing for a while ..huh Jason?

Get well my fragile friend!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess your right Adam. Plus you can't stand on my...wait a minute I can't say that on here.
laugh.gif

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Just a update. Went back to the Dr. this past Friday. He ran another X-Ray with bad news. I have to wear another cast for two weeks and have a MRI done after that. Hopefully nothing inside is messed up. Thanks for all the e-mails and calls!!

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Hi Jason,sorry I missed your call.Hope you get well soon.Does it get very itchy under that cast?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very. But thats what a cloth hanger is for.
wink.gif