well, crappy night yesterday...

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With doing my new house yard, I haven't had much time to drive the viper. Last night was a good night to go out and get some ice cream in the Viper. So me and GF head out, get there, not much parking or too close for my comfort so I park in the parking on the other side of the street at a store.

As I am waiting in line to order, I see this new Beetle backup pretty fast and I catch a glimpse of it being pretty damn close to my car, like REALLY close. Beetle goes further in the parking, gets out, seems to be looking at something, someone that had to park next to me also comes out of her car, looks at my car.

At this point i'm just guessing they are checking my car out, I mean minute I parked there were people looking. Beetle drives off and I'm eating ice cream. So we finished up, get into the car and head home.

I stop at my parents house on the way home and while talking, I check my back bumper... there seems to be a lot of haze that surely wasn't there 2 days ago when I washed my car. Look closer, back bumper has a good 20 inch scrap of light color paint.

Now at this point i'm pretty pissed, drive back to the store I had parked at, go inside to see if anyone ha came in to notify they had backed up in a car and they say no, I ask them if they knew of the car I had noticed backing up close and the clerk says she knows her and gives me the name and number of the lady.

I head to the police station not far away, declare that there was a hit and run, they go to the address and lady comes up with stories on how it wasn't a hit and run, she had tried looking to see if it was anyone car and didn't find the owner, that it wasn't her fault.

So now I have to call insurance and get my back bumper repaired, lady is probably going to be charged with a hit and run and will have to pay for my repairs.

Ya ok, for anyone that made it this far down, sorry for the long rant, I am just pissed on how, even if we park far away, trying to avoid this kind of crap, something always has to happen

to make matters worst, the new Beetle that hit me was yellow, so now I think my viper lost some horsepower due to the yellow paint on it :(

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup the yellow has destroyed the value mine as well burn it to the ground......on the bright side you found out who did it and that almost never happens

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lesson learned...take the GF's car next time.

I guess she figured she was innocent until someone caught her. Sounds like she just drove off after realizing what she did.

My wife backed into someone at the ballet school parking lot and put a small dent on their car. She went back inside and found out who owned the car and got things settled up ($500 for body damage--we wrote them a check). Sadly, nobody else has returned the favor when they tap into my wife's van. That's why I keep the old van running...who cares if someone beats on an 11 year old van with high miles?

OP
OP
S

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haven't had time to take pictures, will do when i get home

hitting the body shop this afternoon for estimates

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear it seems like not matter what we do, someone finds a way to ruin a good day... knuckle heads are practically forcing us to double park.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep your car just lost $5000 You need to get that yellow off the car fast :D

Seriously though, this kind of thing happens all the time in the United Kingdom. Ive parked my viper in the rear of a large supermarket car park (with empty spaces all around me) and have been standing by the side of the car waiting for my partner to come back out of the store, then some Knuckle draggier wants to park right next to the pretty car! They do it on purpose :( I never let the car out of my sight. The only place I have found where people really respect cars is Le mans, France during race week. It felt safe to leave the car for a short wile there :)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
she saw the KIND of car she hit and said "this is NOT gonna be cheap" so she took off.

sorry to hear about that BS