Well I am Here! Finally!

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

Just stoppin in to say hello to all of you fellow Viper people. I am at last a Viper owner, have been workin my ass off for the last decade and a half to become one. And man do I LOVE IT!

I have only been driving my black 03 for about 2 weeks now, and am just amazed at this machine, what UnGodly Power! (I come from the world of mustangs/a different galaxy to be sure) It is taking a bit of getting used to. I am most amazed at the makes my heart start jumpin, kickass looks, and the fine quality of the build on these woderful cars.

Anyhow, just great to be here! :cool:

Cheers

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

Just stoppin in to say hello to all of you fellow Viper people. I am at last a Viper owner, have been workin my ass off for the last decade and a half to become one. And man do I LOVE IT!

I have only been driving my black 03 for about 2 weeks now, and am just amazed at this machine, what UnGodly Power! (I come from the world of mustangs/a different galaxy to be sure) It is taking a bit of getting used to. I am most amazed at the makes my heart start jumpin, kickass looks, and the fine quality of the build on these woderful cars.

Cheers

welcome and enjoy!!!! :needpics:

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

Cheers

Good for you!!! It's nice to hear the enthusiasm in a person's voice who has "worked his ass off" for something and really appreciates it. Drive it in good health and show it off to everyone you know!!!!!! :2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome, glad to see another Bay area Viper. We've been having great weather to be driving almost every day. Enjoy it!!

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great first post. Congrats on achieving your Viper goal. PM Lee00blacksilverGTS your VIN and he can change your avatar to owner.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

Cheers
I used to live right by DC. Took me about a decade too... we were probably neighbors! Now post some pics of your new ride! :2tu:

K

Kaya

Howdy Folks,

Cheers

I just bought a 2006 Coupe in June and I love my car too. I had a Z06 that I sold to buy the Viper and you are right...great car, great fit and finish and it's a monster. I love my car too. Welcome to the Viper club. I am a working person too and I understand what it means to get a car like this. Its fantastic and I hope you enjoy your car as much as I enjoy mine.

Remember, don't be afraid to drive your car. Life is too short to only drive it on special occaissions, drive your car a lot and get all the joy you can from it! You never know what could happen...live your life to the fullest and really, enjoy your car!

I had a friend that passed away unexpectedly and it makes me want to live life to the fullest every day! Drive it and enjoy it!

OP
OP
W

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great welcomes, and I hear ya on that live your life to the fullest, Kaya... Now I have a few questions, if yall don't mind.

This 03 that I have was actually sold, in Dec of 04, so it is about 2 years old, and fortunately has some of the warranty on it. I think whoever had it before me, really drove it, and may have used and abused it, according to the Dodge dealer in DC here.

They did a printout of the repairs done to the car. and it had both halfshafts, the transmission, and the rearend replaced!? Sounds like the nice lady who had this before me, may have drag raced it.

This was all very surprising, since the carfax came up absolutely spotless. The car itself is great, looks, drives and feels wonderful. Now here are the questions.

1. Does the throwout bearing make noise on Vipers?
2. I hear noises coming from the engine that sound like tappets, valves, rocker arms etc. is this normal?
3. With clutch use, if you work the clutch a bit, should I hear some rear end or U joint clanking? I suppose I mean is there a bit of play in these parts?

No, this is not a comedy thread, though it may sound like one!

Any info is appreciated...
Cheers.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great welcomes, and I hear ya on that live your life to the fullest, Kaya... Now I have a few questions, if yall don't mind.

This 03 that I have was actually sold, in Dec of 04, so it is about 2 years old, and fortunately has some of the warranty on it. I think whoever had it before me, really drove it, and may have used and abused it, according to the Dodge dealer in DC here.

They did a printout of the repairs done to the car. and it had both halfshafts, the transmission, and the rearend replaced!? Sounds like the nice lady who had this before me, may have drag raced it.

This was all very surprising, since the carfax came up absolutely spotless. The car itself is great, looks, drives and feels wonderful. Now here are the questions.

1. Does the throwout bearing make noise on Vipers?
2. I hear noises coming from the engine that sound like tappets, valves, rocker arms etc. is this normal?
3. With clutch use, if you work the clutch a bit, should I hear some rear end or U joint clanking? I suppose I mean is there a bit of play in these parts?

No, this is not a comedy thread, though it may sound like one!

Any info is appreciated...
Cheers.
I seem to remember those were parts that the 03's had problems with. I'm sure the real experts here will chime in. If you want a REAL assessment of your Viper, take it to Ted May at Valaya Racing. He's the only Vipertech in the area. The dealers in the area ****!

http://www.valayaracing.com

OP
OP
W

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will definately give the Valaya people a shout. Thanks for the tip. I drove my baby today, opened it up a little bit, what a rush. I am sure there is a few minor items to attend to on her, but I was enjoying it so much I did'nt pay attention to em at all. I can be on the hypocondriacal side of things more often than not.

I was under the illusion that people would not want to race a Viper, with their family sedans, 90s vettes etc. Boy was I mistaken, everything from middle age guys like me, in toyota camrys, to ballet moms (SF you know) in SUVs of all kinds, try to put the motor to me. :ooo: I let em do it, 95% of the time, really, the gas one can blow out of that V10 is something else.

I will post some pics, as soon as I get a working camera today.

Thanks for the info,

Cheers

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool,
Check into Viper Days. Coming vary soon.
Call Ted, he would be happy to take look at the car for you. He will also be able to tell you about the problems with the eary builds.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4