Well, I finally got my gold Forgestars. Flame away...

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ketchup and mustard Vipers didn't tickle everyone's fancy, but I think it's a unique colour combo. That last pic looks really good. The gold pinstriping is the only thing that I would change.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you have to slap some big drilled or slotted rotors with 6 piston calipers up front and 4 in the back....and scrap the junk Nitto's and go with Michelin Super Sports or Sport Cups.

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Free- I just got my dimpled and slotted rotors with red hats in and I did a caliper exchange so I could have red calipers. They should be here this week. The full brake upgrade was just too much money to spend right now. As for the tires, yeah, I would have prefered Michelins, but I got the Nittos for $1147 shipped. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the brake upgrade is pricey. And you have to cut off the stock rear caliper mounting brackets too. Before I bought my Viper, I would always admire those giant brakes on Z06's, Porsche's, Ferrari's etc. Then I bought the Viper and it had those dinky ass 4 piston calipers up front and zilch in the back....plus it was a 4x4 too.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hmm... (surprising myself) I have to say I really dont hate those
wheels. The darker, brushed gold isnt as offensive as the polished
gold Ive seen on other sports cars. Has a rally feel to it.

I am with the masses on the decals. I for one would lose the
large Sneaky Pete - it looks more like a merit badge than a
manufactuers mark. Also I would outline, or in some other way
offset the lettering. The dark gold makes it looks like a smear
in the red paint than an emblem. You might want to consider
moving the emblem up into the beltline - having it that low
on a darker colour makes it look like its in the "shadow" of the
fender.

Of course I say all this hoping that those decals are just that...
decals. Hopefully Im not being overly critical of something youve
already clearcoated...

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm with Nine Ball. Take the stripes off and the logo. Might leave the emblems, but that's just me. Those wheels just plain "work" on the red. Nice to see something different sometimes!

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take the stripes off, as in remove the gold outline on the white stripes? They are painted on. The previous owner added them.

Stugots879

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free- I am going to the pawn shop today. I will let you know what I find. Haha.

Stugots- Springs are coming. However, its nice not to have to worry as much about scraping. The roads in Kentucky aren't the best. What do you recommend? Eibachs seem to get mixed reviews.

I have Eibach and lowering caps. Looks great, but too low for my roads as well. In the spring I will install the stock caps and keep the springs, as I do like them.

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those wheels look wonderful. The only part of this setup I'm not a fan of is the shields. Viper has enough heritage and cool factor that it doesn't need to ape Ferrari. Leave that to Corvette.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like them, is just like my old trans am. good for you for trying something new ( or old I love the 80) :)

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an original gold wheeled GTS. As you can see, the Sneaky Pete logo is much more subtle. I like the logo idea, just a smaller more subtle version of it. Other than that it looks good!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I have received nothing but compliments regarding the wheels in person...but then again, people rarely criticize you to your face.