went to the dyno today.....Stock 96 rt......

rraulston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i think it did quite well for a bone stock gen 1.......i hope you can see the chart.....it was quite hot today....Ide like to get it up to about 500 ft lb of torque......:headbang: Well its hard to see...

3rd gear pull on the Mustang Dyno was tq=432 hp=346 spd=105 tmp=87 hg=27
4th gear pull "" Tq=452 hp=359 spd=136 tmp=92 hg=27

these are the numbers. You can see the AFR's.....seems rich.......honnestly, i was thinking about a gen 2......but this car just runs great....i think ill pass!!!! one thing though, my car pings like mad......my manual says its o.k. but i kinda dissagree..oh well, i just let off and it goes away.....Ray

Ray

Attachments

• dyno1.jpg
    dyno1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 39
  • dyno2.jpg
    dyno2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it did quite well for a bone stock gen 1.......i hope you can see the chart.....it was quite hot today....Ide like to get it up to about 500 ft lb of torque......:headbang: Well its hard to see...

3rd gear pull on the Mustang Dyno was tq=432 hp=346 spd=105 tmp=87 hg=27
4th gear pull "" Tq=452 hp=359 spd=136 tmp=92 hg=27

these are the numbers. You can see the AFR's.....seems rich.......honnestly, i was thinking about a gen 2......but this car just runs great....i think ill pass!!!! one thing though, my car pings like mad......my manual says its o.k. but i kinda dissagree..oh well, i just let off and it goes away.....Ray

Ray

Remember that the Mustang dyno typically reads about 10% lower than the Dynojet, and Dynojet numbers tend to be the standard. Soooooo... 452/.9 = 502 Tq at the tires. Congrats!!!! BTW, you sure it's stock???? Mighty impressive numbers...

OP
OP
R

rraulston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ime not positive its stock. But its the factory exhaust, air box, no CEL's, I just bought it with 55k miles. Ime not sure what else could be done to it that i havnt seen yet.:dunno: I ordered a K&N intake. Ive bought 10 of those airbox clips and have lost them all again. Ime so done with that thing. I also have a set of Belanger headers on the way. Then thought about a set of rockers and a set of 355 gears and call it a day....Right....modding these things is worse that smoking crack!! Damn, that Paxton set up looks good too!!!:D

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of two things happened here.

Either the car is not stock, and has some sort of motor work done to it since by your own admission you say all the bolt on parts are stock.

Or the dyno you attended is way out of calibration especialy for a mustang dyno.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never dynoed mine stock, but have a dyno sheet when I just had K&N's, smooth tubes and a muffler delete. I put down 367RWHP, 442Ft/Tq. I dont remember exactly but the temp was in the 90's and it only had about an hour to cool down after driving 2 hours to get there. What color 96' RT/10 do you have?

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My black/silver 96 rt put down 412 rwhp and 472 rwtq..... this was right after the Arrow rebuild for the head gasket issue.....smooth tubes, K&N filters, 3" Corsa.......... "high flow" cats..... I have since installed a VEC 1 and need to tune it a bit, but those were the numbers.....

OP
OP
R

rraulston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of two things happened here.

Either the car is not stock, and has some sort of motor work done to it since by your own admission you say all the bolt on parts are stock.

Or the dyno you attended is way out of calibration especialy for a mustang dyno.

UH...O.K.....well, ime not sure what else to check on the car to see if its stock. It has had the head gasget upgrade!! The tranny is new.....rear end clunks..bad.....it does have the K&N square filters in the stock box..I dont see a vec on it...i think its stock.....and as far as the dyno sheet....i overlayed it to my friends 97 GTS and had more torque up to like 4k rpm then he had more than me up top.....and i used his dyno settings for a good comparison.....:dunno: I think i could have done better if the car wasnt pinging......so now what??? :drive: !!

OP
OP
R

rraulston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never dynoed mine stock, but have a dyno sheet when I just had K&N's, smooth tubes and a muffler delete. I put down 367RWHP, 442Ft/Tq. I dont remember exactly but the temp was in the 90's and it only had about an hour to cool down after driving 2 hours to get there. What color 96' RT/10 do you have?

Its black with silver stripes. It was picked up at auction in Vegas by a lot here in Tucson. I sure wish i knew who owned it. I bet they still have the sport bar pad laying in their garage!!! I NEED IT!!!:D Ray

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rraulston,

Your RT 10 is a gen 1 car which means its very different than your friends GTS. In this case the important difference is power output, your car is rated at 415hp and 460 torque if I am not mistaken on the torque.

Majority of the Gen 1 viper out there pull 380 or so rwhp and 450 or so torque at the wheels on dynojet's, mustang dynos read considerably less(10% or so). You car is makes 430+ rwhp(on Mustang dyno) which brings us back to my original answer.

PS. The mods your car may posses are ported heads/cam/rockers/higher compression/etc....

Or the dyno is just way off(which is most likely)

OP
OP
R

rraulston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
as soon as i do a few bolt ons, ill go back and dyno it again. Ill ask the owner about the calibration.....Ray

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog