Western Canada Event

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like Davenport will be cancelling the rest of their events......

They're just not getting the numbers they need to continue. Too bad. Contact them to make sure though.

There are other choices.

I recommend Track Techniques. They have a great school (ehem.. I'm chief instructor.... when I'm not off somewhere in the Hummer) and they do advanced schools and lapping nights. If you're interested in anything just contact Jay Pringle at

[email protected]

Let him know I sent you!

His lapping nights work much like Davenport's do. The 'newbies' - or students are in one lap group and the track vets are in the other. It's 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. I think he charges $200 + GST for the lappers. It's very inexpensive but he doesn't have an ambulance or corner workers like we did at the Davenport night. Just the same - I really like his program.

Greg

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got word from Namala at Davenport, and he confirmed that their track nights were no more. Bummer, so many are so close to the track and won't use it, I'm across the province away and want to use it, but am looking for the chance. I emailed Track Techniques, so we'll see.:dunno:

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats nest up folks anyone up for a banff or Jasper or even other Alberta direction weekend.need altleast one 3 day event befor the white stuff.lol

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
k so i know it has been a few weeks since the Calgary event.But i got a chance to go thru all the pictures i took.I think this one is my fav.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Shane,

That shot is awesome!! I would never have imagined a tour through parts of Alberta in the rain would turn out to be my favorite run to date. When's the next one? Joe

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whenever we want.we need to set up a few more.Maybe a run around the Red Deer Mopar show weekend.That way the Vipers will take over the show.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what time is the meeting ?If I can make it after ball i will try to remember.I'm sure they could use a few more Vipers.lol

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything happening in Western Canada around the 18th to the 30th?

I am thinking of trailering the GTS up there while we vacation with family.

Anyone wanna race?

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything happening in Western Canada around the 18th to the 30th?

I am thinking of trailering the GTS up there while we vacation with family.

Anyone wanna race?

Where are you coming to? :omg: I live about 900 miles from RTTTTed.

We are having an 1/8 mile drag day at Stettler (60 mi.) on July 26.

There are Friday night street-car drags at Edmonton-Castrol Raceway.:drive:

We own Vipers and you have to ask if we wanna race??? :D :D :D

Bring it on!!!! :2tu: :headbang: :crazy2:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you coming to? :omg: I live about 900 miles from RTTTTed.

We are having an 1/8 mile drag day at Stettler (60 mi.) on July 26.

There are Friday night street-car drags at Edmonton-Castrol Raceway.:drive:

We own Vipers and you have to ask if we wanna race??? :D :D :D

Bring it on!!!! :2tu: :headbang: :crazy2:

End destination is Edmonton, may come up through BC and visit some friends in Kelowna first.

Was actually thinking of doing the Friday drags in Edmunchuck, may have to get my ass down to DC Performance and get some last minute tuning in on the dyna pak if you guys are actually gonna bring it:drive:

With the elevation up there I may only have 8 or 900 at the rear wheels:2tu:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
End destination is Edmonton, may come up through BC and visit some friends in Kelowna first.

Was actually thinking of doing the Friday drags in Edmunchuck, may have to get my ass down to DC Performance and get some last minute tuning in on the dyna pak if you guys are actually gonna bring it:drive:

With the elevation up there I may only have 8 or 900 at the rear wheels:2tu:

Let us know when you are going to get here. As you probably know, Castrol is only an hour from Red Deer. You may well clean our clocks, but we still like to race....right guys?:drive:

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested in getting the car all dirty again?:D
How long did it take to get it clean?
I was still scrubbing caked-on brake dust from the track last night to make the car presentable for a show today.:rolaugh:

Yeah, oddly enough rain clouds don't stop me like they used too;) Now that I've chipped up the sills a bit and seen that it really all does come off I think a few more miles are in order. It took me some time too to get the wheels back in order. Finally just took them off and got after them.Brake dust over baked on cow-poo and Rosebud nuggets.

Worth every minute.

Hey I still have burgers......

Brad can throw 'em down
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I MAY have some track time available on July 19th.... All day. I'll let you know on Tuesday. Let's call it a 50/50 chance.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I MAY have some track time available on July 19th.... All day. I'll let you know on Tuesday. Let's call it a 50/50 chance.

Greg

BTW, When I say track - I mean a track with turns in it!

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, When I say track - I mean a track with turns in it!

Greg

OK, I posted this in another forum a few months back. I thought it was funny and is intended as such... don't crucify me if it touches a nerve. It's just for fun!

I was asked what kind of track we'd be running on a paticular track day.

I replied,

"If you have a mullet, a non functional Camaro in the front yard and drink more than 6 beers a day - 'Track' means a 1/4 mile drag strip.

If you married your cousin, Think Dale Jr. is Christ reincarnated and own a back ***, 'Track' means an oval.

If you have any car with ABS and or an airbag, know what the square root of 9 is and you shaved at least once in the past 2 weeks, 'Track' means a roadcourse."

Greg:):):):)

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I posted this in another forum a few months back. I thought it was funny and is intended as such... don't crucify me if it touches a nerve. It's just for fun!

I was asked what kind of track we'd be running on a paticular track day.

I replied,

"If you have a mullet, a non functional Camaro in the front yard and drink more than 6 beers a day - 'Track' means a 1/4 mile drag strip.

If you married your cousin, Think Dale Jr. is Christ reincarnated and own a back ***, 'Track' means an oval.

If you have any car with ABS and or an airbag, know what the square root of 9 is and you shaved at least once in the past 2 weeks, 'Track' means a roadcourse."

Greg:):):):)

Which Track?

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great News!

We have some open track time this coming Sunday. $400 for the whole day, including lunch (likely a sub sandwich lunch) and drinks.

We'll run 2 run groups, More Experienced and Less Experienced, so that everyone can fit in. We can even accommodate first timers (they MUST have an instructor - we have them...).

Track time is very, very tight and it's very unusual to get a block of time - especially on a weekend, during the season.

If you want to visit the track this is a great opportunity. Remember, this is the last ever season in Calgary for Race City Speedway!

Please just let me know at [email protected] and I'll get you in.

Please ask some of the guys that have attended previous events if you're unsure on how I run these events. They are very safe, affordable (for track time) and a ton of fun.

One more thing. Your Viper will never be happier than it is at the track. Everywhere else your Viper goes and everything it does is a chore. Your Viper does those chores in the hope that one day it'll be let loose at the track. Hey, it's an off leash area for Vipers!

Hopefully we'll see a few of the Viper faithful out.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent this out to some folks this morning. We are running out of time to enjoy a track in Alberta! If you ever want to go - get planning now.

Everyone should do this except Brad. Instead he should be going on The Hummer Club Event in New Mexico and Moab in September. I's just as cool. OK - almost as cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys,

I’ve been told that you guys want more track time….. I can help.

For those of you that were part of the Viper event you can join a Track Techniques lapping night. The cost is $210 incl. GST and you can make arrangements through Jay Pringle at [email protected] . There will be NO INSTRUCTION and it’s an open lapping night with 20 minutes on then 20 minutes off. You MUST have track experience to join the lapping night. ‘No newbies’.

----OR----

You can also join Track Techniques in a school. It’s a 3 evening school and is much more in depth than the program we did on the Viper night, The first night is a classroom and the second night is ‘exercises’ on the track. By the end of the night we’ll be on the full track. Night 3 is using the full track with an instructor. We’ll run opposite the lappers. When they are on track for their 20 minutes we’ll be off and vice versa. If you want to do an in depth school and have the assistance of an instructor the entire time this is the program. As an endorsement, I selected this school for my wife. The cost is $550 plus GST. If you’ve never been to the track before this is your best choice and even if you joined us on the Viper night - it’s a good program.

You can get all the information you need from Jay’s website at Track Techniques . I think he has some additional dates so just drop him an e-mail if you’re interested.

None of these are Viper specific events but it will provide some track time. Remember – we are losing the track and this is highly likely your last chance to get on the track in Calgary. If you ever want to do this – ACT NOW!

I’m traveling quite a bit this summer and fall, but if I’m around, I’ll be at the events myself.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a school and lapping next week. I'll be working the school.

Greg

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No kidding.

Since you're missing Harrison Hot Springs are you gonna make the Kelowna cruisin and testin run around the wineries?

Changed out my Vec program and switched back to the 96 PCM (no engine codes)last couple days getting ready for the 1400 mile Harrison Weekend.

Cleaning out the trunk of the GTS I found a poster from Bikers sponsoring a Charity run from Vancouver to "Elvis in the Canyon" restaurant (same destination we'll have Sat(?).

GTS-R could stop at Harrison Hot Springs Jul 24-26th? Harrison is just north of Mission Raceway, BC. We're expecting an 8 sec. Viper owner (no curves) and your friends from Kelowna?

Ted

Ted

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,
I just got my Event booklet. Thank you. And thanks for the amazing pictures.:2tu::2tu: I must have been doing 80 or 90 MPH when your photographer took the picture of me on the back straight and I can even read the license plate!!! :omg: Thank your photographer for me.:headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang