What a feeling. Just got my first Viper.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!! For sure, owning and driving a Viper will change you!!! You are now an owner of one of the supercar in the World and you should be proud just like me! ; ) But, depends on whether you have any past driving experience with the Viper. If not, then you should take it real easy at first, just try to get use to the car and learn what this beast can do before you really hit the gas! Drive carefully and have fun!! Good Luck and welcome to the Viper nation!!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations!

I think you did very well on the price, especially for an ACR. Under $60K? Very well indeed. The main thing you should know about driving your new beast is this: Do NOT hit the joy pedal unless the front wheels are pointed straight ahead! If you goose it on a turn, she will bite you very quickly. Even those monster meats in the back won't save you from a spin. Practice getting the feel for the power on the straights and then learn to control it on the turns. If you ever let somebody else drive it, be sure to go with them or at least give them the same advice. Stand on straights, timid on turns.

Enjoy your new car and be sure to post a picture or two if you can!

Chris

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch the torque, it's easy to get sideways. Since you're in my neighborhood you'll have to come to our racing events, both drag & road course. A good way to meet other owners and have some fun is to come down to the Cruzin for a Cure car show on 9/22 in Irvine, we'll have our own section and it will be a blast.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attn: Y2KGTS and SoCal...

You have been reported to the Road Course official in your respective neck of the woods. Report to your nearest course to annihilate any fear of highspeed cornering. Happy cornering!!

Over and Out

Jay K.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome!
You did phenomenonally well on the price of your car, but then again, owning a Viper is priceless!
Enjoy.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a fair price - most definitely! I bought a 2000 GTS with 2K miles (i.e. not much less than yours) and paid quite a bit more than you did.

The car should put a smile on your face for a long time to come. The most encouraging thing was that many members on this site had talked about buying a 2nd Viper or trading up for a newer model. When I heard repeated positive experiences it just confirmed my desire to purchase the car and I have never regreted the decision for a second. Congrats!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999 GTS ACR, 3,900 miles, under 60k!! SWEET!!

WOW, goes to show you , if you shop around, you'll find out what the used Vipers really sell for!

Now go have fun! Will it change you? HAHA, Write us back in 2 weeks please....

Gerald

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JGK95:
Attn: Y2KGTS and SoCal...

You have been reported to the Road Course official in your respective neck of the woods. Report to your nearest course to annihilate any fear of highspeed cornering. Happy cornering!!

Over and Out

Jay K.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeeeeehaaaaa, going to Willow Springs International Raceway this Wednesday to drive in circles (sorry AIR this one's sold out, next time).

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AIR
CONGRATS!!!!
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

May the transformation begin!
asthanos.gif

Tie your shoe laces tight!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

If you ever have any tech questions about your new LOVE, feel free to call or e-mail me any time!
cool.gif

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Air:
I welcome your input and advice. I hope to see some of you in the future, but I don't know if I want to join the So Cal VCA chapter. Thanks again.

Sam

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sam join the club, these guys do have day jobs and it's sometimes hard for them to know who is serious and who isn't. You'll get magazines and events info, if you have any Viper questions come to this board, these guys are good.

BTW, where in Pasadena do yo live? I used to live on the corner of Califoria & Los Robles.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Resist the temptation to open the hood if you are parked roadside or in gusty weather. That semi coming by is carrying a gust of wind that can turn your hood into a $10k kite. And Big Jim is right, they go scary fast in a hurry so learn your braking zones.