what a race!

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my two favorites go head to head.
YouTube - z4 viper
dont get me wrong, you put them side to side and say choose and i will still pick the viper, but this is very interesting. that guy drives like a mad man :drive:

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its easy to drive like a madman, when its not your car, still think it was a set up the Viper would be so much faster out of the corners and traction control is pointless on the track.

Both however are great cars and I think Jeremy would hate to admit it but he is a Viper lover after all said and done its the car he choose for his wedding.

The Stig is a very quick driver...........

OP
OP
ViperJay

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
out of the corners, yes. into the corners, no. i have driven the z4m and its a beast. the full m3 engine in that little car is amazing. its kind of like when they stuffed the mustang 5.0 in a miata. the z4m has no chance on the straights but take that super light weight car and throw it into corners and its pure lightning. like i said, i still would take the viper anyday. its just very interesting for me to see my two favorites matched up on a track.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Test drove a Z4 M Roadster in the spring when they were giving BLOW OUT Leases & Purchases on them ($10K off sticker or $400/Month with $4000 Down; normally $800 or so) because they had too many left in South Carolina at the plant. Never was a fan of the front of the car but for the price on purchasing or leasing, I was willing to do it if I liked it. The car handled VERY well and was a great car to drive. I still hated the front of it but driving it felt great. They just could not get me out of my S2000 for a reasonable price so I walked. I still to this day regret not purchasing it because it was just a great deal but I could not use a third car since I barely have space for two as it is now. The only reason it does not drive me crazy is because I know everything happens for a reason.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
out of the corners, yes. into the corners, no. i have driven the z4m and its a beast. the full m3 engine in that little car is amazing. its kind of like when they stuffed the mustang 5.0 in a miata. the z4m has no chance on the straights but take that super light weight car and throw it into corners and its pure lightning. like i said, i still would take the viper anyday. its just very interesting for me to see my two favorites matched up on a track.

He also made it sound like the American Viper had know brakes.:dunno: WTH

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They said the viper ran a 1:42. LOL someone better learn to drive. That's my home track, Willowsprings, and 1:42 is a joke.

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said the viper ran a 1:42. LOL someone better learn to drive. That's my home track, Willowsprings, and 1:42 is a joke.

Yeah according to Viper - Willow Springs showroom stock vipers are more like 1:34 territory. So 1:42 is just plain terrible.

And you have to remember that these are rookies that just completed Viper day training :)

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked like this competition was on the Streets of Willow track, not the main track.

The Streets course is very tight, and favors smaller cars. If they had run on the main track there would have been no comparison.

Streets track rarely gets out of 3rd gear, while the main track really lets you air things out.