what are the most commonly broken parts on a viper?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spend some time searching ebay and you can find some really good deals! Good OEM parts slip through for dimes on the dollar all the time!

These guys specialize in used viper parts....

http://www.donscharfautomotive.com/

I think they have parted more than 125 vipers!!!!!!

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly. i just bought a rear white rim for my 96 rt/10 for $142 shipped and it is in excellent shape. i was the only bidder.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly. i just bought a rear white rim for my 96 rt/10 for $142 shipped and it is in excellent shape. i was the only bidder.

If anyone ever sees any yellow McViper wheels (whole set preferred) for sale let me know. I'd like to have a spare set if the price was right :2tu:

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just keep watching ebay. i now have two spare front and three rear spare white rims. dealer cost at the time was over $2000. on ebay under a $1000. piece of mind i could replace any rim i mess up= priceless..

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the door latch on the passenger side break through where the screws hold down the plastic part of the latch assembly, it is thin plastic, and it is an expensive piece to replace. I have heard of many rivets in the side sills of the Gen I cars starting corrosion, I have been lucky, no corrosion at all. Sometimes the seal where the hood fits over the air intake for the heater rubs the finish and some of the hood material itself (It's called white smile), and is quite common in Gen I Vipers. The seat bolsters wear out from getting in and out of the car, they are made of vinyl, not leather, so they wear out quickly. The dashboard scratches easily and there is no replacement paint avaialble for touch up or repaint. That has been about it, but check the recall lists as well for other items such as retoquing the bolts on the rear axle assembly, etc to make sure that all has been redone to proper specs.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just keep watching ebay. i now have two spare front and three rear spare white rims. dealer cost at the time was over $2000. on ebay under a $1000. piece of mind i could replace any rim i mess up= priceless..
As Gen I wheels are unidirectional, they only fit one corner of the car. If you have un-scarred right-rear wheels, treat them like gold, as they are the ones most often curbed.

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you referring to the 3 spoke wheels or the 5 spokes? i would assume that a 5 spoke would be able to be put on either side. but please let me know if i am incorrect in my thinking. with my luck i would have 3 left rears.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The little window weather strip that is connected to the whole d@mn stanchion cover... what should have been a $5 part is now $300. :crazy:

your not kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4