What are the odds of this Chuck or Jon? bad bad luck

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thx ahead of time for the answer/opinion guys! Kevin again..So I go to my dealership here in Windsor to get my dead battery changed to the original OEM..(there was a cheap walmart battery in mine from previous owner!) and they put it in..I go to pick the car up and I turn the key.........guess what happens next? NOTHING-LOL:omg:

The technician said it must be a bad/defective battery.It was a mopar battery,or whatever it calls for on the 2000 RT.:drive:

So I had to leave my baby overnight for the 1st time since I have had her so they can put a new battery in it in the AM once they get it from Toronto Chrysler.

Anyone else have this happen?

thx guys! Thing that ***** is 3 inches snow here Thursday...ughhhh....

:rolleyes:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ahh. i was going to say, 3 inches of snow is light. we are expecting 6 inches by dinner time tomorrow.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may not be the battery but it could be? Have them check the hold bolts on the cables to the battery! Have them pull them out of the cables and look for corrosion! Just a thought.:dunno:

OP
OP
G

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks Chuck.I told them to check and clean it if it had any...I;ll ask them again.

By the way Chuck I don't know much about my viper yet. Would it hurt it to leave it in the garage with battery in IT and just start it up once a week? Its THEsame weather here as you have in NY. THANKS! KEVIN.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get an inexpensive, tiny battery tender from WalMart. It trickles in some juice when needed and shuts off when battery is full.

EZ to plug in with included pigtail. Hook it up when ever you must leave your car un-started for a week.

Leave a note on your dash board to remind you to disconnect it before going for a drive.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have seen MoPar batteries be "bad when new" a couple of times. One guy had 2 in a row! Why? They buy the cheapest volume-build battery money can avoid....

It could be a ground strap, if NOT the cables Chuck mentioned.

If it CRANKED but did not run, but for 1.5 seconds, its an alarm fault.

Fix the problem, then get a full-floating Battery Tender, clips on/off underhood, for $50 (here please) and store all winter with no worry

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a battery tender and hook it up to the posts under the hood. Get a tender, not a trickle charger -- they're different. This is much better than starting up your car several times during the winter. If you do start your car be sure to run it until it gets fully warmed up -- otherwise you just create water vapor in your engine (which you don't want sitting there for weeks on end).

OP
OP
G

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. THX GUYS.I have a new battery.It is fine.

Couple more questions on the tender.I bought one. So BOTH ends/connections (pos. and neg.) can go under my hood? I do not have to even put the tender on the battery itself? How does this work then...?

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not run the Tender directly to the battery, then just run the plug-in into the trunk? Seems simple enough, I just don't have a need for the tender, I just drive year-round. I do have a Battery Tender on my boat and motorcycle that get less use seasonally and they've saved me a bundle. Don't scrimp, buy a good one. Boy do I wish I had known that JonB had such a great price on them when I bought mine. I paid 90 bucks at the local motorcycle shop.

D

DAMN YANKEE

First you have to SIGN IN to read them..

Thn go to the ILLUSTRATED GUIDES and read all about BATTERY CHARGER installation.