What can it be???

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I wish I had a Manuel. Any help with a diagram of the harness leads and injectors would be appreciated.

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna need to buy a new ECU, I'd like to get a diagram of the injector wiring so I can confirm that it is not the wiring

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, it's an overfueling problem. Since the car was wrecked and in pieces, verify the engine is properly grounded first. One plug ( the clean one ) is not getting fuel. You can switch injectors to see if the problem (clean one) goes with the switch. Get a scanner and retrieve codes. Possibly faulty 02's or wiring to or from them (grounds again). Don't buy anything until you've diagnosed it properly. Borrow an ECM to try from some one, must be a good friend, because you may fry it. I can get wiring diagrams and fax or email to you for help. Good luck. Oh, check and see if you have fire insurance--kidding! John

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might sound stupid but......are the plug wires in the right firing order?(dont ask,just recheck!!)Did you check the coil pack for that side of the motor?The accident cound have caused damage to the pack?Believe me,this long lunged 10cyl sumbeech WILL run with wires on wrong.:D

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I would recommend checking the injector wiring with a tool called a noid light. They are available at Napa stores and elsewhere and are reasonably priced. Plus the noid light in to the injector harness on the good side of the engine and compare that to the bad side of the engine. In a pinch, a 12v test light will work between the two wires of the injector connector, which is basically what a noid light is except that a noid light plugs in to the connector that would normally go to the injector.

The injector harness will have battery voltage on one wire and the computer grounds the other wire to fire the injector. I have all the manuals for all vipers so let me know if you need additional assistance.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jordan, didn't see the oil level post. Change the oil immediatly. Pistons may be dippping into the oil and making engine run rich. If nothing else, the thinned oil will hurt internals

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I would also have to agree with this suggestion. Make sure the wire routing is correct from the coil packs to the plugs. If you need diagrams, call me at 515-249-1793. I can fax a diagram to you.

Might sound stupid but......are the plug wires in the right firing order?(dont ask,just recheck!!)Did you check the coil pack for that side of the motor?The accident cound have caused damage to the pack?Believe me,this long lunged 10cyl sumbeech WILL run with wires on wrong.:D

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am going to change the oil tonight? See the problem I have is I test all 10 injectors using a light and 9 pulse, and 1 stay lit, so what I am thinkin is that the ground signal wire from the computer could be shorted out somwhere keeping it always ground, wich would hold the injector open, Correct? I just wanted to get a wire layout of the injector harness, and a pin layout of the computer so I know exatcly what to test.

Yeah thats what I was thinking about the oil level being so high, also if its dumpin so much fuel it could possibly be backing up into that side of the intake causing other cylinders to **** the fuel in.

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to change the oil tonight? See the problem I have is I test all 10 injectors using a light and 9 pulse, and 1 stay lit, so what I am thinkin is that the ground signal wire from the computer could be shorted out somwhere keeping it always ground, wich would hold the injector open, Correct? I just wanted to get a wire layout of the injector harness, and a pin layout of the computer so I know exatcly what to test.

Yeah thats what I was thinking about the oil level being so high, also if its dumpin so much fuel it could possibly be backing up into that side of the intake causing other cylinders to **** the fuel in.

no,that aint happening.
I doubt it`s the injectors either.four out of five not working....check firing order and coil pack.

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never said 4 injectors arent working? It is only one injector that is not working, Its not the injector either, because when I swap with another, the working one doesnt work in the bad cylinder

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I figured it out, The wire was rubbed through and was ground out, didnt think about ground being grounded out could be the problem, I guess when its suppose to pulse that makes it a big deal. Thanks for all the help, now to change out the 93 octane oil i have in the motor, :drive:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good work! We all like happy endings.....

Have any before/after pics of your rebuild??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant