What could it be?

steelskeet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 02' Fe that has been perfect until the past month.
I took it in and had EBC Rotors and Hawk HPS pads put on. All was fine except for a slight vibration in the steering wheel at speed. But nothing that was alarming.

Yesterday I replaced the rear tires with new Nitto Envo's and rotated the front they are nearly new.

But now at about 80mph+ I get an awful vibration more like a shake. The car has always tramlined some especially over grooved roads but now its feels nervous and a little loose if that makes sense. I called the tire company that mounted them and he said the tires balanced out perfect but if i wanted to bring it back he would recheck just to make me feel good.

Any ideas of things I should check?

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What tires do you have on the front? were they directional? Do you have run flats on front and not on rear?

OP
OP
S

steelskeet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are Envos front and rear. Discount tire in Bedford just looked at them and it was clear that DT in Grapevine did not balance out the front. If they had then it would have been obvious to them that my front two iforged rims are bent....how this happened I have no idea. I havent hit anything. I Bought them used here from a person on the forums but have had them for awhile and they seemed fine.

Now i have to figure out if they can be repaired or replaced...this *****.