What decal to put back on powdercoated calipers?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my winter mods will be to get my brake calipers powdercoated red instead of black that I have now.

My question is, since everyone already knows its a Viper, should I put Brembo decals back on instead of the Viper logo? It's my understanding these are Brembo brakes...otherwise I absolutely wouldn't do that.

What are your thoughts?:dunno:

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my winter mods will be to get my brake calipers powdercoated red instead of black that I have now.

My question is, since everyone already knows its a Viper, should I put Brembo decals back on instead of the Viper logo? It's my understanding these are Brembo brakes...otherwise I absolutely wouldn't do that.

Brembo decal would be my vote.

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with the look Dave, I just thought I'd take the oppurtunity to change things up a little

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If everybody already knows it's a Viper, then I'm sure that everybody will already know the brakes are Brembo's.

Many call my white hood vents and big rig Dodge stickers rice, but I call the badge change Euro rice with the product being of European origin.

I don't like changing badges. But in this case, it is a "legal" change with Brembo cast into the caliper LOL.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If everybody already knows it's a Viper, then I'm sure that everybody will already know the brakes are Brembo's.

Who's this "everyone" that already knows it's a Viper? We are talking about GenIII/IV's here. Most DON'T know it's a Viper, and far less would know they are Brembo's. I say go Brembo, not for this reason, but because it it correct and a one-off. That't the opposite of rice.

White hood vents were never correct. Draw your own conclusions there. :D

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most of the salvage yards, like Xvipers.com will have factory red calipers in stock. No need to coat yours, just swap with hiim. Talk to Mike and see if he'll send you a set and refund you the core charge once your calipers are returned. Factory calipers will have the Viper logo on them.

Mike did a set for me in blue. I left the logo off, personal preference. I did a core exchange with him, so my car was down for just one day.

You can find Brembo stickers on Ebay, if you want.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's this "everyone" that already knows it's a Viper? We are talking about GenIII/IV's here. Most DON'T know it's a Viper, and far less would know they are Brembo's. I say go Brembo, not for this reason, but because it it correct and a one-off. That't the opposite of rice.

White hood vents were never correct. Draw your own conclusions there. :D

According to the OP - see below - "everyone."

I have no idea who that includes.

And the hood vents have not nor will they ever be a manufacturer's badging. They are simply a functional body panel and their color lends itself to graphical design of the car when the color is changed from the adjoining panel color. Substituting "Viper" for "Brembo" on the calipers is a badge change, but per my comment in a previous post in this thread, "legal" in Dave's world.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan I really don't think it's a big deal either way to be honest. If it were me since it is a stock part that came with the car I would leave the stock decal on it. If it was an aftermarket set of calipers and I wanted others to know it wasn't stock than I would change it.

Good luck buddy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4