What did I do wrong?

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced the spark plugs (.35) originals. I took off the intake to replace the thermostat. Now that I have everything back together I started it and it stumbled for a few seconds and then started to race. I only let it get to 2400 rpm but it felt like it would have gotten higher had I let it. It is now saying service engine soon. Any ideas?

Thanks

G

grcforce327

Put a scanner on it!Maybe something uplugged.Also check for a vacuum leak around the intake.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Double check your plug wires are on the right plugs. Next thing to check for would be a air leak.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong. The system is just adjusting to new settings. If the light is still on after a few days of driving then take it somewhere.

OP
OP
S

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck.....are you suggesting a little "spirited" driving perhaps????:)
I checked all of the vacuum lines and it seems that they are all in place.
The plugs and injector cables are correct as well.
Gonna go out for a little ride now. I will keep you posted.

Also, please let me know if maybe adding twin turbos might help alleviate the problem. Maybe this way I can justify it with my wife :) .

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nothing wrong. The system is just adjusting to new settings. If the light is still on after a few days of driving then take it somewhere.

If the service engine soon light has illuminated, then the computer has recorded a trouble code. Identifying what the code is will be a start to troubleshooting. With just plugs and thermostat I do not believe the light should have come on. It is probably something simple though, I would check for vacuum leaks and then make sure everything is plugged in.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you leave the little wire that plugs in to the airbox off it will throw a code and check engine light too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32