What do you do for inspection time??

99BLKRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gotten lucky the past couple of years and the stations let me drive my own car during the inspection. What do you guys do? I'm afraid that this year I'll show up and they won't let me drive me own Viper. Anybody in Austin recommend a good place to get my baby inspected?

Thanks!

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they won't let you drive it in...go down the road to the next place. I always ask the guy if he could skip taking a wheel off to check the brakes cause I just got them torqued just right...they always let me slide. :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that people have bought the inspection stickers but I would not know since I have not done that before ;) .

But honestly, I had it inspected twice. The first time was at a local gas station and luckily they did not roll up the windows because they were tinted. The second time a few months ago I took it to the state inspection center. I took the tints off and passed. They don't bother with Cats and Exhaust here in NJ because they can not see it. If you are missing cats they would never know because I was told they have to assume they are there. Maybe I should get high flows or remove them. I guess I just found my next mod.

OP
OP

99BLKRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that people have bought the inspection stickers but I would not know since I have not done that before ;) .

But honestly, I had it inspected twice. The first time was at a local gas station and luckily they did not roll up the windows because they were tinted. The second time a few months ago I took it to the state inspection center. I took the tints off and passed. They don't bother with Cats and Exhaust here in NJ because they can not see it. If you are missing cats they would never know because I was told they have to assume they are there. Maybe I should get high flows or remove them. I guess I just found my next mod.

So did you let them drive your car? My last car (300ZX Twin Turbo) some young inspector drove it like he was at a race track. When he was done and handing me the keys he said, "Wow, I wish I had more road to get up on it!!" :-O

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang